"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by lajackson »

A short time ago I received an email from my elders quorum president that came by way of LCR SaM and seems to have arrive normally. In another post someone else also had recent success. You may wish to try one more time.
giberson7

Post by giberson7 »

I suggest trying again. Yesterday, I had the same problem others have described. Sent twice, but never went out and never received email confirmation. My sending account is @gmail. Just tried again, and it worked this time.
j.brinkman

Post by j.brinkman »

I just tried SAM and it worked! Thank you for fixing it. It saves me a lot of extra work.
mmkids6

LCR “Send Message” Not Working

Post by mmkids6 »

I am the Ward Clerk and use the “Send Message” to get things out to our Ward Council and members on a regular basis. However, two Sundays in a row now I have had major problems getting things out. After several attempts and rebuilding the email again and again, I have managed to get them out. However, this week I had to send the message three times or more and it still has not gone through and it is only going to the Ward Council. What’s up with LCR? Every since they switched to Beta we have had nothing but problems, or things do not work at all. When are we going to get things together and working properly. I know the Church works slow, but this is rediculous.
Desmccormack

Post by Desmccormack »

I've tried to send a message several times over the last few weeks without success.

No notifications received.

Any help much appreciated
carlsonjf

Post by carlsonjf »

Still having this problem. Gmail, aol, yahoo. Lots of different domains are either blocking or the SM is dropping some emails as it’s sending them out. No error messages when sent. Just doesn’t arrive for some. Anyone at headquarters can take a look through the error logs to see why this is happening?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When I see the report from the church on messages I send, it indicates the message was rejected by the server. I'm no expert on these things, but it sounds to me like a problem with the member's ISP not accepting the message. Other than the rare case where it looks like a member has changed their email address, I don't have any problem with sending or receiving from the Send A Message tool. But then, I don't send messages very often to the members of our Elders Quorum - less than monthly.

I wonder what an ISP would do if a significant percentage of their customers in a specific area marked messages from the Send A Message tool as spam and if this could be a factor?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:38 pm When I see the report from the church on messages I send, it indicates the message was rejected by the server. I'm no expert on these things, but it sounds to me like a problem with the member's ISP not accepting the message. Other than the rare case where it looks like a member has changed their email address, I don't have any problem with sending or receiving from the Send A Message tool. But then, I don't send messages very often to the members of our Elders Quorum - less than monthly.

I wonder what an ISP would do if a significant percentage of their customers in a specific area marked messages from the Send A Message tool as spam and if this could be a factor?
Your wondering is extremely doubtful in my opinion, inasmuch as I mark spam emails as spam and I keep getting the same emails from the same email addresses as spam seemingly forever.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:45 pm
davesudweeks wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:38 pm When I see the report from the church on messages I send, it indicates the message was rejected by the server. I'm no expert on these things, but it sounds to me like a problem with the member's ISP not accepting the message. Other than the rare case where it looks like a member has changed their email address, I don't have any problem with sending or receiving from the Send A Message tool. But then, I don't send messages very often to the members of our Elders Quorum - less than monthly.

Your wondering is extremely doubtful in my opinion, inasmuch as I mark spam emails as spam and I keep getting the same emails from the same email addresses as spam seemingly forever.
Well, until someone identifies the cause, anything could be the cause. I'm not seeing any problems with use of the tool either as a sender or a recipient (on my Gmail account) which looks to me like a regional or local problem rather than a global problem. Feedback from the Send A Message web page is the way to provide official bug reports. Posting here in the forum will only help if someone has found a workaround (and it appears no one has).
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:27 pm
garystroble wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Well, until someone identifies the cause, anything could be the cause. I'm not seeing any problems with use of the tool either as a sender or a recipient (on my Gmail account) which looks to me like a regional or local problem rather than a global problem. Feedback from the Send A Message web page is the way to provide official bug reports. Posting here in the forum will only help if someone has found a workaround (and it appears no one has).
Currently the only good workaround is not to use the church email system for anything important as it has proven for many months to be unreliable. The fact that one person is not seeing a problem is hardly an indication of anything statistically. Continuing to insist otherwise does not make it so. This week two different leaders in our ward had similar problems with non-delivery of emails sent through the church system. Many others on here report the same. I assume you have read these reports?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”