Page 31 of 35

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:14 pm
by clarkgw
is there a way to turn on or off the cc or bcc function when sending a message on LCR?

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:41 pm
by scgallafent
clarkgw wrote:is there a way to turn on or off the cc or bcc function when sending a message on LCR?
No, you can't control the CC vs. BCC choice.

If you're sending a message to leaders (ward council, for example), it will send the message using CC so that replies go back to the group -- essentially trying to make it possible to start an email discussion.

If your distribution list includes members outside of the "leadership" scope, the system treats the message as a broadcast announcement and sends BCC messages.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:19 pm
by wilbur99
Hello, I'm both a ward clerk and Exec Sec and have used the "Send a Message" function for a while, but am wondering, Is there possibly a way that I can include email address that are not in my ward, stake or perhaps not even in the church?

Also, is there a manner in which I could add an eclectic set of members in one click, instead of many different ones?

Thank you

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:36 am
by drepouille
Afraid not. I know our exec sec wants to include the missionaries when he sends a message to the ward council, but that is not an option.

Yesterday, the stake presidency asked us to forward a message to all youth in our ward AND their parents. While it is easy to select Young Men and Young Women, I had to manually select their parents from the list of adults. An hour later, the stake presidency sent out a Zoom link for the same group of people. Ugh. I had to manually select them again.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:26 am
by scgallafent
drepouille wrote:Yesterday, the stake presidency asked us to forward a message to all youth in our ward AND their parents. While it is easy to select Young Men and Young Women, I had to manually select their parents from the list of adults. An hour later, the stake presidency sent out a Zoom link for the same group of people. Ugh. I had to manually select them again.
We covered that specific use case.
parents-of-youth.png
parents-of-youth.png (24.72 KiB) Viewed 2788 times

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:53 am
by russellhltn
scgallafent wrote:We covered that specific use case.
How does that work in the case of guardians?

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:23 am
by scgallafent
russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:We covered that specific use case.
How does that work in the case of guardians?
It has been long enough since I touched that code that I don't remember.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 pm
by russellhltn
scgallafent wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
scgallafent wrote:We covered that specific use case.
How does that work in the case of guardians?
It has been long enough since I touched that code that I don't remember.
I decided to quit being lazy and go back though a prior conversation. It appears it only goes to those who are both listed as the child's parents and are in the household.

That does leave legal guardians out, but the problem is they couldn't be included without making assumptions about the data. So, it would appear that guardians have to be included manually.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:39 pm
by scgallafent
russellhltn wrote:It appears it only goes to those who are both listed as the child's parents and are in the household.

That does leave legal guardians out, but the problem is they couldn't be included without making assumptions about the data. So, it would appear that guardians have to be included manually.
That is consistent with the approach we are taking with some other tools.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:15 pm
by cntaylor
Is there a way to improve the formatting of messages that go out using this function. For example, I regularly send out Zoom meeting links to my ward. While the information (link, time, phone numbers to call in, etc.) are nicely formatted when I copy them in, the "send a message" removes all of the return characters making a mess of the link and running together the invitations to all the different meetings. Tomorrow for church, we have deacons, teachers, priests, young women, Relief Society and Elders Quorum. Each one has its own zoom link. Each one is copied into a different part of the e-mail message. But when it is sent to the ward, they are all combined into one big paragraph which is, to put it mildly, frustrating. Is there some way we can manually put in a "put a new paragraph here" type of command so that when I want there to white space, there is white space?

In general, if you want a test case, I would suggest copying and pasting something in from another document. No fancy formatting required. But by default it seems to erase all new lines.

Thanks!