Page 6 of 38

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:12 pm
by scgallafent
psantangelo wrote:Do I really have to check off each box to send out a reminder email to the ward. I could choose send to all in the old version of send a message in LCR. There is no way I will be able to check all the boxes manually to send out an email to my entire ward or even quorums that would take forever.
You could just check the box at the top of the column to select everyone in the list.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:15 pm
by psantangelo
Thank You so much scgallafent. I don't know how I didn't see that... That was quick too I love this forum!!!

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:26 pm
by mtwerner
It would be nice if that box were labeled "select all," though. I had the same concern the first time I saw it.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:31 pm
by scgallafent
mtwerner wrote:It would be nice if that box were labeled "select all," though. I had the same concern the first time I saw it.
It's on a list of items for the UI designer to revisit, but I don't think he's worked on a revised design yet.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:43 pm
by ThomsonMA
Are there any plans for a "saved" distribution list? For example, we send stake announcements each week to the Stake Presidency, High Council, Ward Bishoprics/Branch Presidencies, and a handful of "other" individuals. Having to select each of these each week is pretty tedious. It would be nice to be able to save that list as a named "distribution list" and simply call it up each week.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:05 pm
by mevans
psantangelo wrote:Do I really have to check off each box to send out a reminder email to the ward. I could choose send to all in the old version of send a message in LCR. There is no way I will be able to check all the boxes manually to send out an email to my entire ward or even quorums that would take forever.
There is a "Select All" checkbox in the header of the list. Just check it and you'll get everyone in the list.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:58 pm
by Andersjp
I am trying to send a message to my Ward Council. I've filled out everything as far as I can tell, but when I click send message, a red box appears with no text in it. What can I do to send this message out?

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:00 pm
by scgallafent
Andersjp wrote:I am trying to send a message to my Ward Council. I've filled out everything as far as I can tell, but when I click send message, a red box appears with no text in it. What can I do to send this message out?
I'm sending you a private message.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:28 pm
by destabrook
On the subject of "Send a message," can I attach a document to an email sent through "send a message?" If so, how do you attach a document to the message to be sent?
Is it still disabled (as of 27 Sep 15)? I wasn't seeming to get a response when I clicked on the group to whom I wanted to send the message. Thanks.

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:31 pm
by jdlessley
destabrook wrote:On the subject of "Send a message," can I attach a document to an email sent through "send a message?"
That is currently not available.