Regional Broadcast September 13th

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
gregwanderson

Re: Regional Broadcast September 13th

Post by gregwanderson »

There's a brief summary of Elder Ballard's remarks in this article from the Deseret News. But I doubt that these sorts of regional conferences will be widely covered this way and I also doubt that downloads will become available. A few years ago I listened to an episode of "Conversations" on the Mormon Channel featuring Elder Oaks. He talked about how he often prefaces his talks to Stake conferences by telling the people that if they plan to plaster their summaries of his talk on the Internet he will give a different talk than he would otherwise like to give. Yes, there are times when an Apostle wants to give specific remarks to a specific audience and not to the general population. Here is the full episode of "Conversations" with Elder Oaks and his wife.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

johnshaw wrote:Stake Conferences have a very particular format on a 2 year repeating cycle.
That peculiar cycle changed beginning this year (2015) as outlined in the First Presidency letter of June 20, 2014.

Stakes now have two local stake conferences a year. The stake president presides at one and a General Authority or Area Seventy presides at the other. In addition, every other year each stake now participates in a stake conference broadcast from Church headquarters that has no Saturday meetings connected with it. The broadcast no longer replaces one of the local stake conferences.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Good news! They released the talk. Enjoy your studies. https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostl ... _&lang=eng

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”