Newsletter - can't delete or add an attachment

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
perryk

Newsletter - can't delete or add an attachment

Post by perryk »

I am unable to delete an attachment to a Newsletter article and unable to add an attachment. I see that others are having similar problems with the Newsletter. When will this problem be fixed?

Thank you for your help.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Newsletter - can't delete or add an attachment

Post by lajackson »

perryk wrote:When will this problem be fixed?
This is an old problem, and I am sure the developers are aware of it. However, they do not set their priorities, and there is no real way to know when it will be fixed.
scubadox

Post by scubadox »

This issue happened before about a month ago. They fixed it, and now it's back again. Basically, the text box becomes narrow, and you cannot attach anything to the article, including pictures or pdf files. Please fix!
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I haven't used the newsletter tool in several weeks but today when I tried writing an article with a PDF attachment it would not accept the attachment. Everything else seemed normal. When I went through the normal process of selecting a file to attach it looked like it was okay but then it never actually attached anything. The PDF file was only 200KB so I don't think there was anything wrong with the attachment I wanted to add. I have sent feedback.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Please someone get the word to whoever needs to fix this.... I am just beginning to get members to use the Newsletter and this isn't a good thing to happen right now. And yes, I have sent feedback.....
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:Please someone get the word to whoever needs to fix this.... I am just beginning to get members to use the Newsletter and this isn't a good thing to happen right now. And yes, I have sent feedback.....
Sending feedback is the only way to get the word to the developers. Unfortunately, even though they are aware of the problem, their priorities and schedules are set by the Priesthood Department. In my past experience, the Newsletter part of the web site has always had a low priority.

One can always hope. Newsletter has a lot of potential and could fill a valuable role in stakes, wards, and branches, if it worked well.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Once again my trusty Mini iPad came to the rescue.... I was able to upload photos easily to the Newsletter..... Thank you Apple....
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

In ward council, I asked why our bishopric has never set up the ward newsletter. The first counselor looked at me and said, "Nobody would ever use it."
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
krae

Post by krae »

I've been adding newsletters to our ward newsletter area; all has went well until this November issue; it will not accept the PDF file as an attachment; it gives error - 'service unavailable', consistently; I thought it might be size but checking the size of the October PDF=1956KB vs November PDF =1633KB, the October worked fine... How can I overcome this error?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

krae wrote:I've been adding newsletters to our ward newsletter area; all has went well until this November issue; it will not accept the PDF file as an attachment; it gives error - 'service unavailable', consistently; I thought it might be size but checking the size of the October PDF=1956KB vs November PDF =1633KB, the October worked fine... How can I overcome this error?
If the file size is the issue, you could use Adobe Acrobat to reduce the file size before uploading. There may be other, free programs that can reduce PDF size as well.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Newsletter”