Export Data and Reports to CVS/XLS

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cocampbell

Re: Export Data and Reports to CVS/XLS

Post by cocampbell »

Man, this is still relevant. In 2016 I once created a "My Map" on google to pin-point all members and make the map accessible for offline use with a printed directory. This allows work teams in a disaster to readily see who lives close together so they can be checked up on in a more efficient manner. Today, I just saw that the export function was lost; found this thread, and add my woes. It's been four years since this thread has been used. Has anyone found an alternative method not using pdf to csv conversion? Do options change based on permissions on which calling you have? I'm an EQ President currently, but not even I can see export function. Maybe someone in bishopric or a clerk?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cocampbell wrote:Maybe someone in bishopric or a clerk?
Even the bishop and ward clerk can only print to PDF. There is no data export capability. Once the 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became effective in May of 2018 the plug was pulled on all data exports to protect the Church. I haven't looked at what MLS will provide but I am certain an export is not available in LCR or the Ward Directory and Map.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

The best workaround is, as you've mentioned, converting the PDF. It's what I've (Ward Everything Clerk/Secretary) been doing since they removed this functionality. I've got the full-version of Acrobat which, I believe, makes it a bit easier to do as it can convert directly from PDF to Excel (rather than the csv intermediary) however the conversion is never perfect off the bat. Lots of cleanup still involved. So I try to find ways to not need exporting data, but sometimes you just can't get around it.

Really do wish they'd find a legal way to bring back the functionality though.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

So you are creating your own private copy of the ward directory, either on your computer or somewhere in the cloud?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”