Online Donations for children

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Online Donations for children

Post by jdlessley »

lynnesshawkes wrote:she has an LDS account, she has a savings account, can't see a reason not to be able to use them together to do this.
The Church is complying with the The Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA). That is why you see the message "You must be at least 13 years old to access this site." Your area authority is well aware of this restriction and therefore used the words "where possible" in their instructions to pay tithing online.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
molliepayne

Post by molliepayne »

How do our kids pay tithing during the pandemic? Both my kids have debit cards (aged 12 and 8) and I'd love them to be able to pay online (even if access was given through my login, although they both have logins.) I'm not sure what do to at this point - they want to pay tithing.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

molliepayne wrote:How do our kids pay tithing during the pandemic? Both my kids have debit cards (aged 12 and 8) and I'd love them to be able to pay online (even if access was given through my login, although they both have logins.) I'm not sure what do to at this point - they want to pay tithing.
At least if you're in the US, one option might be to paper-mail a check to your bishop. (However, there are indications that at the moment the USPS might be getting to be a little less reliable than usual.)

If nothing else, I seem to recall stories from a few decades ago of members who would store their tithing money until a Church authority could be found to give it to. It could be used as a teaching tool, along the lines of, "This belongs to the Lord. We must resist the temptation to use it ourselves."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Another alternative might be to transfer the money to the parent and let them pay on behalf of the child. Not ideal, but it is an alternative.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shimara77

Post by shimara77 »

I live in Germany and have 6 children. 4 are under the age of 18, of which 2 are under the age of 13. Now that we should only pay through our church account and children under aged can't do that, how do they pay their tithing? I don't want it to be on my account, since I need my tithing slip for tax returns.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

shimara77 wrote:I live in Germany and have 6 children. 4 are under the age of 18, of which 2 are under the age of 13. Now that we should only pay through our church account and children under aged can't do that, how do they pay their tithing? I don't want it to be on my account, since I need my tithing slip for tax returns.
One suggestion would be to ask your bishop or branch president if any guidance has been given on the topic from the stake or the area leadership. If not, he could ask. A little more direct approach might be to use the 'Feedback' link/button on one of the main donations pages to ask the question (and state that you would like to be contacted with an answer).
BrookeFree

Post by BrookeFree »

Both of my kids are over 13 but when we attempt to pay online it doesn’t show up as an option for them under their logins? What do I need to do in order for the “make donation” option to show on their accounts?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrookeFree wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:33 pm Both of my kids are over 13 but when we attempt to pay online it doesn’t show up as an option for them under their logins? What do I need to do in order for the “make donation” option to show on their accounts?
Just guessing, but make sure that their membership number is on their account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”