Ponderize APP Request

Gospel App & Game Contest in conjunction with previous LDSTech Conferences
mpalsky

Ponderize APP Request

Post by mpalsky »

Hey LDS Tech,

Can we get a ponderize scripture App? Let's brainstorm the keep features and functions:

Which scriptures to pick (maybe using a whitelist, list of scripture references in Preach My Gospel, or scripture mastery scriptures)
Notifications to view the scripture
Note taking section to capture promptings and thoughts

What would you think?

-Michael Palsky
Dallas Texas Stake
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Ponderize APP Request

Post by lajackson »

While working out an app, you could subscribe to his Twitter feed. It has most of the features you seek.
@DurrantDevin
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

One of the LDSTech Conference app and game contest apps this year is called "LDS Daily Verse" and it looks like it does some of these things as well:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php?tit ... edirect=no

There are also several scripture memorization apps, like this one:
http://mormonlifehacker.com/scripture-p ... ation-app/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
NathanWonnacott

Post by NathanWonnacott »

I'm already attempting to assemble a team of volunteers to make one. See my Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/nathan.wonnaco ... 9995102857

It won't be an official LDS app though of course. If you are interested in helping, send me a Facebook message.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

One thing I was thinking was it would be cool to have a digital picture frame on the wall that you could send your weekly scripture to from your computer or phone. The difficulty is that most digital picture frames I've seen are just for pictures, not text, so you'd have to have the text exportable as an image, the same as you'd need to do to make a nice phone lock/home screen image. And then you'd have to figure out a good system to get it synced to the picture frame, your phone, and anywhere you wanted it.
NathanWonnacott

That's a really good idea. My app will certainly handle the converting text to a beautified picture. I can look into sending it to a digital picture frame, but that likely wouldn't come out in the first release since my main priority is to get our a simple app as quickly as I can before the "post conference high" starts to wear off.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Regarding choosing scriptures, iOS 8 introduced new APIs for "share sheet" plugins for third-party apps. Maybe something like that could help people choose a scripture. They would simply select the text in Gospel Library, share it into your app, and that way you don't have to worry about storing the text of the scriptures in your app (it will just be copied by the user as needed). You could have a few verses as samples. As a side benefit, it would open up other content besides the scriptures. Going the other way, Gospel Library for iOS now supports gospellibrary:// URLs.
NathanWonnacott

That would be great. I'll look into that.
gdcaswell

Post by gdcaswell »

On Facebook at search type #pinderize.
Click on the ponderize that comes up. Scroll down to LDS Scriptures page! He has a Ponderize program up! It is very cool! Have some difficulty signing up and in, but once done it's pretty cool!
gdcaswell

Post by gdcaswell »

Oops! Facebook, #ponderize not #pinderize

Return to “Gospel App & Game Contest”