LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Post by sbradshaw »

sspoonemore wrote:A member of our ward cannot access her lds.org account, when trying to do so she gets an error message something to the effect that when she signed up for an account she stated she was not a member of the church. I have verified her membership status with the Bishop and her member record number with her temple recommend and membership record. I inquired if she perhaps signed up for a family search account prior to her baptism 7 years ago but she does not believe this is the case.

Trying to use the forgot username feature has been unsuccesful as she gets the same error message. Who do we contact for help resolving this issue?

Thank you

sspoonemore
assistant ward clerk
Is she able to log in to LDSAccount.LDS.org? There's a place there where she can enter her membership record number and it will link her account with her membership record.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sspoonemore

Post by sspoonemore »

"Is she able to log in to LDSAccount.LDS.org? There's a place there where she can enter her membership record number and it will link her account with her membership record."

No that is the whole problem she cannot access ldsaccount.lds.org. The system locks her out stating that she stated when she first signed on that she was not a member of the church.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sspoonemore wrote:No that is the whole problem she cannot access ldsaccount.lds.org. The system locks her out stating that she stated when she first signed on that she was not a member of the church.
Have you verified this yourself? ldsaccount.lds.org doesn't lock out non-members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sspoonemore wrote:No that is the whole problem she cannot access ldsaccount.lds.org. The system locks her out stating that she stated when she first signed on that she was not a member of the church.
Go to this post and follow the steps exactly. If that does not work, the ward clerk will have to contact the GSC on her behalf, but I suspect the problem is with the very first two steps listed in the other post.
devondill

Post by devondill »

I am trying to update my lds tools app and it had me log in to lds.org to update all my info and its staying that I stated that I was not a member which I am. And when I do put my mrn in it tells me that I do not exists I know my number is right. I may have 2 accounts and I've asked that one be deleted but I don't know that it was done. My username is devondill......my email associated with it is devondill@msn.com can you please help me with this?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

devondill wrote:...when I do put my mrn in it tells me that I do not exists I know my number is right.
This occurs when you already have an LDS account attached to your MRN
devondill wrote:I may have 2 accounts and I've asked that one be deleted but I don't know that it was done.
Who did you ask to delete your account? You are probably right that this was not done. You will have to follow the "Forgot username?" link at ldsaccount.lds.org and use the MRN recovery option to figure out what account is connected with your MRN. You can (most easily) then just start using that account or (more difficult) have your ward clerk call the Global Service Center and have your old account either merged or deleted.
Dorian_Quintana

Post by Dorian_Quintana »

I'm trying to create an account for my daughter, I got her MRN form LDS tools under our family group, system is telling me that is not correct or has been deleted that record. what can I do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dorian_Quintana wrote:system is telling me that is not correct or has been deleted that record. what can I do?
That's odd. The usual message is that the MRN is either incorrect or in use on another account (probably one created previously that has been forgotten about). You can use "forgot username" and the MRN option to find that forgotten account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shannonreiche

Post by shannonreiche »

How can I contact my clerk for my membership record number when I can't access the directory to get his contact information due to not having my mrn? It feels like a no-win situation to me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shannonreiche wrote:How can I contact my clerk for my membership record number when I can't access the directory to get his contact information due to not having my mrn? It feels like a no-win situation to me.
Wait until Sunday and track him down.

Even if you had the contact information, I'm not sure as a clerk would give the MRN to someone he doesn't know very well over the phone or via email.

Return to “Church Account”