Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
Barbara1992

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by Barbara1992 »

Olá boa tarde

Na minha conta tanto do LDS E como no Family Search esta aparecendo visivel meu nome Bárbara Aparecida do Carmo Manoel , mas sou divorciada e quero usar Barbara Aparecida do Carmo Silva. Gostaria de saber como eu arrumo pois é ja me divorciei no papel esta tudo correto.. Como podem me ajuda?
mouria4

Post by mouria4 »

Kia Orana,

For some time now, I have been trying to have my name changed - about 5 months ago I had it legally changed. I followed up with my branch clerk who, in the presence of myself and our branch president, made the change. As far as our branch records were concerned (based on LDS tools desktop app, the branch directory viewed through LDS.org, and MLS) my name had been changed. However, when checking my account settings on LDS.org or through FamilySearch, it is my old name which is displayed. Furthermore, when confirming my temple marriage booking with the Hamilton New Zealand temple over the phone just this week, which is to take place in April, they also noted that my MRN still displays my old name.

Last week, my branch clerk sent an email via MLS to highlight this fact to SL. This evening, we received a confirmation email saying that they had updated the record. However, upon checking my LDS.org account settings, no change seems to have been made. I am wondering if perhaps it might just be a delay and that the update needs time to become effective.

Is there anything else that can be done? I am also wondering if, despite a legal name change, our records will only show our birth names?

Any help appreciated,
Mouria.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I suggest you allow at least 24 hours for the changes to populate through the different church systems. If, after that time, it has still not changed, I would ask the branch clerk to contact church headquarters again and explain what was done and what has not been changed.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Your LDS Account display name and your FamilySearch display name may need to be updated separately from the names on your membership record.

You can update your LDS Account display name here:
https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation

And you can update your FamilySearch display name here:
https://www.familysearch.org/profile/account
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:You can update your LDS Account display name here:
https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation
I can update "Display Name" and "Username", but not "First Name" nor "Last Name". And the "Last Name" doesn't match my church records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
08swardle

Post by 08swardle »

I was going to unsubscribe and delete my LDS account including my name address and church record numbers membership by signing into my account when I had to change my password and username of the account every time I Login it gives me a hard time of the account error tologin to.
Rodrigo1987

Post by Rodrigo1987 »

TENGO UN NUMERO DE CUENTA QUE QUEREMOS CREAR UNA CUENTA DE LDS , PERO DICE QUE YA HAY OTRA CUENTA CREADO, LA USUARIA NO RECUERDA HABERLO CREAADO, QUE HACER PARA RECUPERAR ESA INFORMACION, ?
ChristineMinsonFrancis

Post by ChristineMinsonFrancis »

I was sent an e-mail to update my lds account password. I was able to update my computer but all my other devices won't allow me access to anything to do with my lds account. Is there a number I could call to get help just walking through how to update my new password on those devices. It just reads "invalid" or" error" or "too many redirects." Please send me phone number to talk to a real person. Thank you.
molliemydog

Post by molliemydog »

I put my email address in to set up for donations and it says it's saves it but then it doesnt
michellenielson

Post by michellenielson »

We accidently entered our tithing incorrectly which means our missionary housing was not covered for the month. Is there a way to redo that donation? This is a predicament for us right now. Is there anyone that can help us with this?

Steven and Michelle Nielson (Oregon Salem MIssion)

Return to “Online Donations”