Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
miztrniceguy

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by miztrniceguy »

The boundaries were changed where I live. I am now in a newly named ward in a different stake. LDS.org still shows the old stake, but the old ward is gone (doesn't exist) and my name is nowhere. How long does it take to update? This is also preventing LDS Tools from updating.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

miztrniceguy wrote:The boundaries were changed where I live. I am now in a newly named ward in a different stake. LDS.org still shows the old stake, but the old ward is gone (doesn't exist) and my name is nowhere. How long does it take to update? This is also preventing LDS Tools from updating.
A good part of that depends on how fast leadership is in getting the paperwork back to headquarters. I'd expect at least the better part of a week. Beyond that, I'd check with your clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
butler98311

Post by butler98311 »

I updated my email address in my LDS account to my @byu.net email address. The system tells me that a verification email was sent - but I never receive it. I clicked on “resend verification email”, but I still do not receive anything. I’ve been successfully using this email address for many years. Is there a church security issue with emails being re-routed? How do I get my @byu.net email to be accepted by my LDS account?
woodwards51

Post by woodwards51 »

I am trying to update my password and cell phone, but two-step verification is preventing that. It is sending a code to my old cell number and does not give me any option anywhere to use a different authentication process.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

woodwards51 wrote:I am trying to update my password and cell phone, but two-step verification is preventing that. It is sending a code to my old cell number and does not give me any option anywhere to use a different authentication process.
Once you enroll in the 2-step verification process, it strictly requires both steps. If you could change your settings with just 1 part, then it wouldn't be secure, would it?

At this point, I would contact your ward clerk, who can call church HQ. I suggest doing this in person as he might hand the phone to you once he gets someone on the line. You'll probably want to have your record number, birthday, etc., ready to verify your identity. I've also heard of people being asked their birth place, baptism date, and other items that could uniquely identify them. Don't be put off by this, they take security seriously.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
larryspencersmith

Post by larryspencersmith »

i have tried to add my email to my account contact information and it will not save my email address or my phone #. I have done this several times but my email address will not save. I want to use the on-line donation which I have been using for several years, but now it says I need a valid email address.
Now what?
MeghanEW

Post by MeghanEW »

How can I change my last name? I just got married.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

MeghanEW wrote:How can I change my last name? I just got married.
You should speak with your ward or branch clerk. They can help you get it taken care of.
jarednchrissy2

Post by jarednchrissy2 »

I am the clerk and cannot update the "Donation" address of a member. Where is this info? The address is currently correct on the member list but different from the donation address online (which needs to be corrected).
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

I am the clerk and cannot update the "Donation" address of a member. Where is this info? The address is currently correct on the member list but different from the donation address online (which needs to be corrected).
Starting a step or three back, the donation settings I'm aware of can be accessed/modified by the member using these steps:
  • Point a web browser at https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng (or whatever language is most applicable)
    Sign in to the member's LDS Account.
    Click on "My Account and Ward ..." in the upper right-hand corner.
    Under "MY WARD", click on "Donations".
    On the left, click on "Settings".
There should be the last few digits of an MRN visible in the 'Donor Details' section. If not, then the member will need to connect the correct MRN with the LDS Account.

If I understand correctly, the address and such that you see there come from the membership record. If that address is incorrect, as clerk go to LCR, view the member profile, and find/fix the information there. In the 'Individual' tab, check both the residential and mailing addresses.

If that does not solve the problem, you may need to use the official clerk support channels.

Return to “Online Donations”