Mormon Channel (and others) for Apple TV

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
peteweston

Re: Mormon Channel (and others) for Apple TV

Post by peteweston »

sbradshaw - are you able to provide feedback direct to the developers due to your involvement in a number of projects? I would be surprised if it wasn't on the Mormon Channel road map though...

Is anyone responding or view this thread aware of the situation for a BYU TV app?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I support the mobile apps team by providing content/translations. The developers know of Apple TV and know a tvOS app would be appreciated (they are currently working on Bible Videos), but the people who make the decisions on what the priorities should be for the developers – the Mormon Channel team in the publishing department, and requests from Church leaders – haven't asked the developers to start working on it yet, as far as I know. Budget is assigned to projects based on what has the highest priority for the sponsoring department.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

The biggest difference will be that Apple will now require Siri as part of all tvOS apps, but that could be easily done, there are already at least two hour-long Youtube videos on how to develop for tvOS. While I'm certain that those only cover basics, those still indicate that Apple, despite new technology requirements it has in the device, wants to be sure that most programmers can come up with an app fairly easily, the only real difference is 'how complex does the developer want the app to be?'

The requirement of Siri will allow anyone browsing to use voice commands to find material on tvOS apps easily without really having to type it in. To see how that would work in Church content, ask it to search for something that is in iTunes, we'll know right there if Siri will find things properly. If not, it may take some work with Apple to sort through a couple things like the unique usages of terms that we have that are different than what the world more commonly uses. And words that are not even readily recognized by spell-checkers in some cases that we use that are unique to us (an example of that is 'baptistry'.)
VerenaOertli

Post by VerenaOertli »

I have a new Apple TV 4th generation. I would really like to see Mormon channel added to the AP store. That is why I wanted the Apple TV. Also if possible BYU TV AP
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

heyring wrote:Don't suppose there is a way to put a word into the ear of the overseers?
Is this Henry here on the forum? :mrgreen:
jeremyhanna

Post by jeremyhanna »

After sending in feedback in the Mormon Channel iOS app, I got a response that it's being worked on. As has been mentioned, LDS Tech is not responsible for a BYU TV app. I'm just happy to see that the Mormon Channel is coming, hopefully before General Conference :).
peteweston

Post by peteweston »

Great news!
VerenaOertli

Post by VerenaOertli »

I bought my apple tv 4 generation last December., I was very disappointed that the AP for Mormon Channel is not available yet on Apple TV., I am also looking forward to BYU TV which I understand is on the ROKU DEVICE.,

I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING CONFERENCE ON MY BIG TV, I ONLY HAVE SATELITTE TV HERE IN CANADA, AND IF I HAD BYU TV IT WOULD BE AWESOME.,
kennethrawlins

Post by kennethrawlins »

Sad we haven't seen this yet... Any word on how it is coming?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

VerenaOertli wrote:I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING CONFERENCE ON MY BIG TV, I ONLY HAVE SATELITTE TV HERE IN CANADA, AND IF I HAD BYU TV IT WOULD BE AWESOME.,
General Conference can be watched live in the YouTube app, on the LDS General Conference channel.
Sorry this is a little late – hope you found it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”