Electronic Sacrament Meeting program

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
liamcleary

Re: Electronic Sacrament Meeting program

Post by liamcleary »

We still print a small number of programs, that we create in Word. We also create a PDF version of it in a different layout which is emailed to those in the Ward that say they wish to receive the program. We created a Google Form, and let the Ward know if they wanted to receive it, they simply went there, added their email and checked two boxes, one for yes to receive the program, the other if they were willing to get notifications if we needed to send anything out. We could have used the leader and clerk "send a message" link, but not all the emails were in there and up to date. Also we felt that we needed to make it opt-in as well, and not assume everyone wanted it. Right now we have just under half the ward receive it electronically, with more signing up each week. The goal is to not print one at all, but right now we have not hit the tipping point. Just thought I would share.
kieranjorgensen

Post by kieranjorgensen »

Here's a version I've created inspired by the original from Brother Jorgensen, along with a few style elements from the ones on the wiki https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Callings#Resources

It's in Google Sheets which allows us to share with all the members of the Bishopric to edit and update it from tablets, phones etc. It can either be printed off (double sided works best) before Sacrament meeting, or printed to PDF and emailed to the person conducting.

It also makes use of a Google script to archive weeks which have passed, and to hide or show certain rows depending on whether its a Fast Sunday. I'm not a professional programmer, so if anyone has suggestions for code improvement they'll be happily received.

Finally it has two graphs to show all those who have given prayers or talks in the past 12 months.

Feel free to mess around and change it as required, and repost any improvements.

https://goo.gl/JsgfkK - Creates a copy in Google Drive

https://goo.gl/1XpfqG - View only version if problems with link above
kdsgraham

Post by kdsgraham »

Looks great until you enable editing. I agree with lystadk's post. I don't see the updated version that makes this work. I also have the same question as jim.plant143 above. Is there functionality on churchofJesusChrist.org that would enable a posting of Sunday bulletin?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kdsgraham wrote:Is there functionality on churchofJesusChrist.org that would enable a posting of Sunday bulletin?
Not currently, and I'm not aware of any plans.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

I have just downloaded the v. 2-2 to spot the issues and I have now uploaded a corrected version 2.3.
If you have further problems let me know and I will correct it.

EDIT : The latest version is now v2-4, this includes to highlight Fast Sundays on the correct days since I changed the start date to be in 2019. Small change but makes it easier for people to get started with this.

If you want to print the Agenda, select the Agenda and click print, change the settings to be "Print Active Sheet" and "Fit Sheet on One Page".
LDS Ward Sacrament Meetings v2-3.xls
(169.5 KiB) Downloaded 654 times
LDS Ward Sacrament Meetings v2-4.xls
(175 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
kvanderstel

Post by kvanderstel »

To kieranjorgensen, I created a copy of the google sheets and it works great. I created a new tab that contains content we will use for our Sunday bulletin. Is there a way to share just one sheet? Not the archive, upcoming etc. When I share it shares ALL of the sheets.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kvanderstel wrote:To kieranjorgensen, I created a copy of the google sheets and it works great. I created a new tab that contains content we will use for our Sunday bulletin. Is there a way to share just one sheet? Not the archive, upcoming etc. When I share it shares ALL of the sheets.
It's not possible to share only one sheet of a document in Google Drive, however, it is possible to lock some of the sheets so they're view-only, while allowing others to be edited.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

It is now 4 years since we started this and I thought it might be useful to share something which could make things much easier for a lot of units who want to create their own sacrament meeting schedule.

Simply go ahead and continue to create a Google Sheet with the information in but instead of using the spreadsheet to enter and alter the information you now link up the spreadsheet with a mobile app you create without the use of a single line of code.

The tool to use is https://www.glideapps.com

I have already tried it and it only took me minutes to create a sacrament meeting schedule app based on my existing spreadsheet. It has the advantage those inputting the information can do it easier on their mobile.
kvanderstel

Post by kvanderstel »

I have several problems, I'm not too skilled at this, hopefully you can assist:

My dates are wrong, today Oct 28, and yes I tried to convert from Euro to U.S. on the formats, maybe I broke it
my next Upcoming date is 11/17/2019, should be 11/2/2019
Archive shows 11/10/2019, should be Oct 27
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

kvanderstel wrote:I have several problems, I'm not too skilled at this, hopefully you can assist:

My dates are wrong, today Oct 28, and yes I tried to convert from Euro to U.S. on the formats, maybe I broke it
my next Upcoming date is 11/17/2019, should be 11/2/2019
Archive shows 11/10/2019, should be Oct 27
Without seeing it it is hard to work out where the problem is.
Send me a private message and you can share it with me so I can see it and work out where the problem is.

Return to “Links & Resources”