Electronic Sacrament Meeting program

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
crobertson3

Re: Electronic Sacrament Meeting program

Post by crobertson3 »

It is possible to make any document, spreadsheet, presentation able to be viewed, linked, and distributed online.

Setup a "free" Google account (gmail) if you don't already have one.
Upload the document onto your Google Drive
Click Share the document, and copy the URL for it's location
Broadcast the link to Ward/ Stake/ Group membership
You can also make any of these documents/ forms editable - live and interactive (another discussion)[/list][/list]

I hope this helps.

Charlie
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

crobertson3 wrote:Broadcast the link to Ward/ Stake/ Group membership
If you go back a few posts there is this post by kennethjorgensen in which he recommends:
kennethjorgensen wrote:Simply go ahead and continue to create a Google Sheet with the information in but instead of using the spreadsheet to enter and alter the information you now link up the spreadsheet with a mobile app you create without the use of a single line of code.

The tool to use is https://www.glideapps.com
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kcbaird

Post by kcbaird »

how do I access the Edgemont 11 Ward Sacrament meeting
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

kcbaird wrote:how do I access the Edgemont 11 Ward Sacrament meeting
You'll need to contact someone active or in leadership in that ward. To find contact information for the bishop of that ward, use the Meetinghouse Locator ( https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/map ... 0&lang=eng ) and enter an address in that ward.
susanssmith2012

Post by susanssmith2012 »

Where do we find the weekly message that goes onto the Sunday Bulletin under the picture of Jesus on the front of the bulletin?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

susanssmith2012 wrote:Where do we find the weekly message that goes onto the Sunday Bulletin under the picture of Jesus on the front of the bulletin?
There's no Church-provided weekly message or bulletin design. Leaders in each ward decide what information, images, and/or quotes a bulletin should have (and some wards don't have a bulletin at all).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cole.chatterton

Post by cole.chatterton »

When I was doing the bulletin a couple years back I created a program and would also upload it to [URL removed]. if anyone is interested I can dig up the file but it is done in MS Publisher (I get it as part of my MS HUP)
Last edited by jdlessley on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed because document contained private information.
jwdezign

Post by jwdezign »

There are a lot of good ideas here but being a graphic designer, I like to have more design control than word editors or spreadsheets afford. I just have a template in a program called Affinity Publisher (you can use what's comfortable), convert it to a pdf, then upload it to google drive. It is emailed to a list and there are QR codes linked to the program outside of the chapel people can scan. It's not the best or the easiest but we have cut back on printing from 80 to 10 and we are about done with printing at all at this point.

Return to “Links & Resources”