Appointments : Ward/Stake Executive Secretaries

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
idefaye

Appointments : Ward/Stake Executive Secretaries

Post by idefaye »

For Ward and Stake secretary it would be great to implement a feature for appointments management.
Current calendar implementation is too cumbersome to be effective in that regard. We are looking at the ease of google calendar, but with the options offered by setmore.com.

The way I see that would be usefull:
- the stake presidencies (and bishoprics) could define their available time slots and location (using the unit locations, extremely important for large stake like ours:17 units).
- members can request an appointment based on the availabilty and location of the presidency or bishopric.
- standard list of appointments types are available to choose from ( temple recommand renewal, mission papers, etc...) and a custom time slots can be given for each type of appointment.
- when possible priority should be given for counselors to take care of appointments they can do to liberate time for the president (or bishop) for appointments only he can do.
- the executive secretary would overview the appointment reservations, making the necessary adjustments when needed
- the executive secretary can add new appointments as members contact him directly or via the liost of actions and he is able to assign the member to that appointment.
- members could get a notification reminder for their appointments
- timeslots already reserved have only the occupation time visible to other members, not the details (who, what).

This would liberate a lot of time for the executive secretary to work on executive taks, rather than on filling calendars. It would be only one place for Church related events, appointments, etc... rather than having to manage different calendars. Plus the members would have more flexibility and a faster time response for their appointments.
bradleeduncan

Re: Appointments : Ward/Stake Executive Secretaries

Post by bradleeduncan »

Great idea! I would love to have something like this.
robmerrill

Post by robmerrill »

+1
lishdirk

Post by lishdirk »

Any progress on this feature?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lishdirk wrote:Any progress on this feature?
No. The church's development team is very small and they work on things as directed by the Brethren. It's not "customer driven".

It could be on the map, but we're not told. Even is we were, the timeline would slip.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
siegfriedc

Post by siegfriedc »

I do not know how to make an appointment with the stake president on the computer. I found a calendar but it was for months the first half of the year 2020.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

siegfriedc wrote:I do not know how to make an appointment with the stake president on the computer.
Usually the best way to make an appointment with the stake president is to call his executive secretary. If your stake is using some form of online scheduling, the executive secretary will also be able to help you work through that process.
Ariannabb

Post by Ariannabb »

How do we find out who is part of our Stake Presidency? I don't see that anywhere under LDS Tools. I logged into my account, and I don't see it either. I am trying to schedule an appointment with them. It should be under tools, so that we could easily find it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Ariannabb wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:35 pm How do we find out who is part of our Stake Presidency?
In Member Tools, select Directory in the three-bar menu at the top left. Then click on the drop down where your ward is listed and choose the name of your stake. Stake Presidency will be your top option.

Return to “Calendar”