LDS Tools for Windows XP

Discussions around the LDS Tools application for Windows 8 Pro and RT.
dwightpc

LDS Tools for Windows XP

Post by dwightpc »

Sounds like you are working with Microsoft to force me to upgrade to Windows 10, which I refuse to do. I need this APP on my PC along with Gospel Library.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools for Windows XP

Post by russellhltn »

The church has not produced apps for the desktop in decades. They are producing apps for phones and tablets. The fact that some desktops run the same OS as tablets is a bonus for them.

LDS Tools and Gospel Library won't run on Windows 7 either - and it's still a current OS. So it's not coming to a discontinued OS like WinXP.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dwightpc wrote:Sounds like you are working with Microsoft to force me to upgrade to Windows 10, which I refuse to do. I need this APP on my PC along with Gospel Library.
One option that would work on Windows XP (or at least used to -- I haven't tried it in quite a while) is to use an Android emulator such as BlueStacks, and then use the Android version of Gospel Library.

The Windows version of Gospel Library won't work on Windows XP, not because the developers have anything against Windows XP, but because the application framework they're using to develop the Windows mobile apps wasn't created by Microsoft until Windows 8.
rickpearce

Post by rickpearce »

aebrown wrote:
dwightpc wrote:Sounds like you are working with Microsoft to force me to upgrade to Windows 10, which I refuse to do. I need this APP on my PC along with Gospel Library.
One option that would work on Windows XP (or at least used to -- I haven't tried it in quite a while) is to use an Android emulator such as BlueStacks, and then use the Android version of Gospel Library.

The Windows version of Gospel Library won't work on Windows XP, not because the developers have anything against Windows XP, but because the application framework they're using to develop the Windows mobile apps wasn't created by Microsoft until Windows 8.
Thank you, thank you! I just downloaded BlueStacks , which I never heard of before (old guy), and I can now use LDS Tools on my Win 10 PC.

Return to “Windows 8 LDS Tools”