Contacting Area Physical Facilities Managers

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
gputah

Re: Contacting Area Physical Facilities Managers

Post by gputah »

We purchased a home as an investment property adjacent to a church in Provo. We know the church has been purchasing homes and expanding the parking lots in building around this area. The parking lot actually goes around this home so it looks like it would be great for the church to expand the parking to this location. The plan was to flip this house, but we wanted to ask the church and see if they are interested in purchasing this property before we make a few major repairs and raise the cost of the home.

Who would we contact to pursue this further? We have left messages for the bishops over the 4 wards that meet in this building (yes, thats 4 wards in one building) but haven't heard back yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I would contact the stake president or stake clerk rather than the bishops. There will be a high councilor with responsibility for facilities and he is your best bet to contact the facility manager for that property.
jhildreth

Post by jhildreth »

Need help what to do when or building is neglected for years, and ignored by fm group, water leaks out of electrical, outlets, roof falling in im embarrassed to bring nonmembers. i have and other gone thru the proper channels no one is doing anything, it has been years who can o send pictures too
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jhildreth wrote:i have and other gone thru the proper channels no one is doing anything, it has been years who can o send pictures too
The stake president has his "upline" the area authority.

But if that doesn't work, and given how bad it is, you might want to contact the local building code enforcement agency. That would get people's attention real fast.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

When you say you've been going through proper channels - are you sure you are? Have you logged tickets into the FIR (Facilities Issue Reporting) system? (it's an online tool or an app). If you can show a history of those tickets having been closed/cancelled, etc then you have a case. If you don't have that kind of history it's quite possible that FM has never been asked to fix anything, or at least they have a strong case to make that nobody ever logged a ticket.

Just a thought. If you've 'told' someone or email/texted someone you 'thought' would take care of it, that's a far cry from actually requesting it from FM. Anyway... it's my own 2 cents.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And make sure you're contacting the right FM group. They can go though a boundary realignment just like wards. The folks responsible now may not be the ones who were responsible in the past. (Experienced that one myself.) They can also go though personnel changes, so any emails might be going to the old bit-bucket. (Ask me how I know.)

The suggestion to use FIR is a good one, but I'm not sure as all of them look at that.

But, the stake clerk or executive secretary should be able to look up who is responsible and hunt down someone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zenol

Post by zenol »

I am looking for a phone number and\or address for the West Jordan FM Group.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Your stake physical facilities representative (a high councilor) will be able to help you get connected.
Anziano1279

Post by Anziano1279 »

I need the Phone Numbers, and email contacts to my FMG over Kirkland Washington. My Bishopric and Stake Leaders don't seem to know this information. I can't magnify my set apart calling if my leaders can't support me. Even worse, when they can't seem to support even each other... Please send me the Information I requested....
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Anziano1279 wrote:I need the Phone Numbers, and email contacts to my FMG over Kirkland Washington. My Bishopric and Stake Leaders don't seem to know this information.
This is a user-to-user support forum, not an official means of support.

Your bishopric and stake presidency can look up that information in the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOL) which they have access to at cdol.lds.org.

Return to “General Discussions”