Contacting Area Physical Facilities Managers

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
ckmcdonald

Contacting Area Physical Facilities Managers

Post by ckmcdonald »

Our chapel has a section of its grounds that adjoin a neighboring residential lot. The contracted grounds keepers of our church lot neglect to maintain this section of ground. The affected home owner is a non-member friend of mine and is getting tired of the grounds not being maintained. It is very clear that the fault is on the Church's side - the grounds really ought to be maintained much better. I believe that it's simply an oversight that they are not. I've tried for weeks to find the proper Church managing entity to mention this to and have been unable.

I have gotten nowhere contacting the Ward and Stake leadership on the topic and the present contracted grounds keepers just look at me funny when I ask them about it.

Can someone help me find who heads this function of the Church in my area (Boise, ID area)?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Contacting Area Physical Facilities Managers

Post by russellhltn »

Your ward PFR should know, or anyone in the bishopric should be able to look that up in CDOL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:Your ward PFR should know, or anyone in the bishopric should be able to look that up in CDOL.
To expand, the group that heads up maintenance of the buildings in each area is called the Facilities Management Group (or "FM Group"). Most stakes have a high councilor assigned as a Physical Facilities Representative (PFR), who coordinates with the FM Group. If your stake doesn't have a physical facilities representative called, or if he doesn't know who to contact, someone with access to the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (CDOL) can look on your stake's organization page in CDOL and find the FM group under "Associated Organizations."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
janby

Post by janby »

Today, Monday Nov 28, 2016, our new Layton Family Search Center in Layton, UT was so cold that our staff and patrons were complaining. There was no heat in the building. It was just as cold at 1 PM as it had been when staff arrived at 8:30 AM. Besides wearing their coats, people were also wearing gloves. We were all miserable. We were told our heat is regulated by someone in Salt Lake City.

My suggestion ....The heat needs to be turned up Sunday night so it is comfortable Monday mornings. It also appears that all the heating vents are situated in the ceiling. The ceilings are open and very high. This is possibly a problem that was overlooked during renovation, because everyone knows heat rises.

We desperately need help with this problem. Please see this gets to someone who can help improve our situation. In the meantime we will continue to smile and apologize to our patrons.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

janby wrote:We desperately need help with this problem. Please see this gets to someone who can help improve our situation. In the meantime we will continue to smile and apologize to our patrons.
You need to talk to your stake high councilor in charge of Physical Facilities. This is a community user-to-user forum. It's doubtful that anyone with the means to directly take action in your situation will see your post.

janby wrote:We were told our heat is regulated by someone in Salt Lake City.
Odds are your FM group controls the thermostat remotely. They're not controlled by SLC (unless your in SLC).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
janby

Post by janby »

No sorry, our FS Center is in Layton, UT. We're new, only been open 2 weeks. I'm wearing long johns tomorrow....grins.
I've tried to do a search on LDS.org to find a contact for FM, but it suggested coming here to the forum.
I appreciate your answering so quickly. So how do I delete my messages here?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

No worries about your posts. We leave most everything up to assist others searching for a similar answer.

BTW, I just sent you an email that should help.
brandonpotter

Post by brandonpotter »

Hi, This is Brandon Potter for the past few weeks the grass at the church located in Magna at 7731 W. 3500 S. has been dyead in certain spots, due to the sprinkler system malfunctioning. Or it could be diseased. maybe it would be wise to put in water wise landscaping like rock gardens. grass is a big water hog
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brandonpotter wrote:Hi, This is Brandon Potter for the past few weeks the grass at the church located in Magna at 7731 W. 3500 S. has been dyead in certain spots, due to the sprinkler system malfunctioning. Or it could be diseased. maybe it would be wise to put in water wise landscaping like rock gardens. grass is a big water hog
You'll have to contact your PFM. There's no one here who can help you with your request.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

brandonpotter wrote:Hi, This is Brandon Potter for the past few weeks the grass at the church located in Magna at 7731 W. 3500 S. has been dyead in certain spots, due to the sprinkler system malfunctioning. Or it could be diseased. maybe it would be wise to put in water wise landscaping like rock gardens. grass is a big water hog
There is a member of your stake high council assigned to physical facilities issues. You should contact him with this feedback.

If you look at stake callings in LDS Tools or Directory, you will see a section called Facilities under stake callings. He is listed there.

Return to “General Discussions”