Submit Current Newsletter Bugs and Issues Here!

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
mevans

Re: Submit Current Newsletter Bugs and Issues Here!

Post by mevans »

woody55 wrote:i am a Stake Clerk and suppose to have admin rights, but in Newsletter, our stake newsletter is no longer visible, only my home ward. Our stake admin, person assigned, and normally post the stake newsletters, brought this to my attention this morning, so after I tried to access, I had the same problem, what goes on, is there a bug in the system?
Are you unable to access the stake newsletter at all, or just unable to do the administrative functions? It seems like it would be odd if you can access a ward newsletter, but not a stake one (from the reading mode).
woody55

Post by woody55 »

Yes, it is odd to me also, I cannot access the stake newsletter at all. When I select Newsletter after signing in to my lds.org account, I can only see my home Ward Newsletter. The option to select either Ward or Stake is not available to me. I am listed as Admin for both in my home Ward and Stake. I could previously see both, Ward and Stake, but apparently something has happened since August 23, that was the last time our Stake Website Administrator said she was able to access the Stake Newsletter. She was the first to notice a problem with our Stake Newsletter access.
woody55

Post by woody55 »

As the Stake Clerk, with admin rights, have been in this callings about six years, never had this problem before where I could not admin sign into Newsletter, it does not appear to be local, none of our admin personnel can sign into the Newsletter, Stake, they only see their home wards, the Stake access is no longer visible. I have called Global Service and talked with tech support representive and they seemed baffled also, so they advised me to send an email to GlobalServiceCenter@ldschurch.org and I did this on Tuesday, September 6, 2017 and they have acknowledged receipt of my email and now I am in a wait and see what solution to come up with. Also I have tried to access this on several different computers and all have had no positive results to gain access to the Newsletter>Stake, can only access my home Ward.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Have there been any recent boundary changes, stake/ward leadership changes, assignments of units to different stakes, units created/removed, etc., that affected any units in your stake? I believe on occasion there have been data errors when making such changes that have blocked access to certain things until they were corrected. But if none of that has occurred recently, I have no idea what could have happened. It sounds like you've taken the correct actions to alert the church about the situation.

As far as I know, the Newsletter feature hasn't been touched in a while. When there was a technical issue a while back, it took the developers a bit of time to get set up to identify and fix the problem.
woody55

Post by woody55 »

Yes, we had a change in Stake Presidency that week , but they were all showing up in the correct positions with admin rights the week after. Our Stake Newsletter is back on as of this past Thursday. A member of our new Stake Presidency and I were in a meeting this past Thursday at about 7:00pm, when he deactivated the private Calendar and reactivated it within a few minutes time frame. I decided to check the STAKE NEWSLETTER and it was once again back operational. Don't know if the Stake Presidency member's action triggered it back on, or if Church HQ got the problem repaired. But just the same, it is now working. Computers R strange sometimes. Thanks, Woody
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The load on the servers also affects the Newsletter status. Over the past two hours I have experienced multiple instances of the Newsletter not working, from everything related to administrator privileges to just editing or attaching files.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

woody55 wrote:Yes, we had a change in Stake Presidency that week , but they were all showing up in the correct positions with admin rights the week after. Our Stake Newsletter is back on as of this past Thursday. A member of our new Stake Presidency and I were in a meeting this past Thursday at about 7:00pm, when he deactivated the private Calendar and reactivated it within a few minutes time frame. I decided to check the STAKE NEWSLETTER and it was once again back operational. Don't know if the Stake Presidency member's action triggered it back on, or if Church HQ got the problem repaired. But just the same, it is now working. Computers R strange sometimes. Thanks, Woody
I've heard that the permissions might take a few days to propagate to all the systems after a leadership change. Maybe that was it? Or maybe there was just a problem. I'm glad it's working now.
slawyoung

Post by slawyoung »

my current calling is clerk and as such am an admin in newsletter.
mission leader calling was added as publisher, but person serving as branch mission leader does not have publisher rights. does mission leader include branch mission leader?
mevans

Post by mevans »

slawyoung wrote:my current calling is clerk and as such am an admin in newsletter.
mission leader calling was added as publisher, but person serving as branch mission leader does not have publisher rights. does mission leader include branch mission leader?
Try adding the user by name instead of by calling to see if it works. That's not the ideal solution, but let's see if it works.

Return to “Newsletter”