Can't Find Name Under Drop Down Menu [Newsletter]

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
Cloaking_Ocean

Can't Find Name Under Drop Down Menu [Newsletter]

Post by Cloaking_Ocean »

Hello everyone. Today I talked with my bishop and he was trying to add an admin privilege to my account so I could help create the newsletter for our ward. Unfortunately, we couldn't find my account(or Name). Instead he made whoever had the role of "Priest Quorum Second Assist" to admin. Neither him, nor I understand why my name isn't in the drop down list.

It also seems like none of the other priests or teachers are on the drop-down list. Perhaps it only allows for specific names for people who are older? Any answers to my questions are greatly appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't Find Name Under Drop Down Menu [Newsletter]

Post by russellhltn »

Cloaking_Ocean wrote:It also seems like none of the other priests or teachers are on the drop-down list.
It might be limited to adults. I didn't see anything in the help file to indicate either way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Cloaking_Ocean

Post by Cloaking_Ocean »

russellhltn wrote:
Cloaking_Ocean wrote:It also seems like none of the other priests or teachers are on the drop-down list.
It might be limited to adults. I didn't see anything in the help file to indicate either way.
If so that's unfortunate.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you select publisher first, is it possible to select the name? While I can see giving a YM publisher privileges, there may be some issues with ward admin.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
Based on what I can see for my ward it looks like only adults are listed. It didn't matter whether Admin or Publisher was selected.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Does it only show members who are visible to the whole ward? For example, youth don't show up in the LDS.org directory for non-leaders. You might see if someone who has their privacy set to leaders only shows up in the list.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sbradshaw wrote:Does it only show members who are visible to the whole ward? For example, youth don't show up in the LDS.org directory for non-leaders.
That's not true. Youth show up to other members of the same ward in the lds.org directory. It's only those in other wards of the stake that can't see youth in a ward.
sbradshaw wrote:You might see if someone who has their privacy set to leaders only shows up in the list.
After a quick check, adults with their 'leaders only' privacy settings do show up as available for assignment.

After some additional experimentation I'm really not sure who shows up. As far as I can tell it only shows head of households and spouses. My adult son who is in our household does not show up and he's over 21.
Cloaking_Ocean

Post by Cloaking_Ocean »

eblood66 wrote: After some additional experimentation I'm really not sure who shows up. As far as I can tell it only shows head of households and spouses. My adult son who is in our household does not show up and he's over 21.
Thanks for considering my topic. It does appear that only head of households and spouses show up like you said. Hopefully they can update it eventually to allow anyone.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Cloaking_Ocean wrote:Thanks for considering my topic. It does appear that only head of households and spouses show up like you said. Hopefully they can update it eventually to allow anyone.
The best way to make sure it's considered by the decision makers is to use the Feedback link at the bottom of the page.

Return to “Newsletter”