registering for familysearch

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
robertstoneberg

registering for familysearch

Post by robertstoneberg »

I share a cellphone with my wife. Don't have one of my own. Am I registered? I want to use familysearch.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: registering for familysearch

Post by aebrown »

robertstoneberg wrote:I share a cellphone with my wife. Don't have one of my own. Am I registered? I want to use familysearch.
In order to make this forum post, you clearly were signed in to LDS.org using the username "robertstoneberg" and some password -- that is your LDS Account. You can use that same LDS Account to sign in to FamilySearch.org. Since you already have an LDS Account, the fact that you share a cell phone with your wife should not be a problem.

The only remaining question is if you are a member of the LDS Church and if your LDS Account is associated with your membership record number. If so, then your LDS Account will allow you to see your ward/stake Directory and Calendar and some other things as well; on FamilySearch it would allow you to see temple ordinances and to submit names for temple work.

If you find that you can do all those things, then all is well. If not, then you can go to ldsaccount.lds.org and add your membership record number to your account. If you have any difficulty doing that, post back here and we can help.

Return to “Church Account”