Stake Information and Boundaries?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
wadhambooks

Stake Information and Boundaries?

Post by wadhambooks »

How come LDS meetinghouse locator no longer shows to what stake an individual ward belongs? How come you no longer get the temple district a ward is in? How come you can no longer see the nearest institute or bishop's storehouse? What about stake boundaries? What happened to the maps and meetinghouse locator?

Tim Wadham
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Information and Boundaries?

Post by russellhltn »

They're still offering the classic maps, possibly since not all the functions have been moved to the newer maps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There's a menu item on LDS.org to see your assigned temple, under "My Account and Ward."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Sghiassi

Post by Sghiassi »

I can see my account and my ward, but I wish I could research another area to which I am moving: I would love to see the ward boundaries, stake information, or know the temple district. I hope these features can be made available in the future.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Signed in, and from the screen where you can see the boundaries of the wards in your stake, scroll the map to the location you wish to explore. That might work.
jwarrenbennion

Post by jwarrenbennion »

Salt Lake Highland Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jwarrenbennion wrote:Salt Lake Highland Stake
Sorry, you're going to have to look for that information yourself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
azonthego

Post by azonthego »

Still an issue 3+ yrs later...
It would be very beneficial to have Stake Centers marked. I have to relocate. I have YM, work full-time, and am a single parent, so I want to move near a stake center. Instead of being able to do this online, I now have to hunt down phone numbers (that people answer) and call around until I find the information I need. Huge waste of time when the maps and building designations are already available in the LDS systems.
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

Classic Maps still works for these use cases. Not sure why the features haven't migrated yet.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Classic maps is a good choice. You could also have one of your ward clerks look in CDOL. I think you can see where stake centers are there. I'm no longer a clerk, so I can't go look and see how obvious it is.

I'm not sure why you need to be near a stake center (as opposed to any church building). Different stakes do different things. It may be beneficial to research more about where you're moving and how the church operates there, the youth situation, etc. Sometimes buildings are shared by more than one stake, too.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”