Stake Information and Boundaries?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Information and Boundaries?

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:Different stakes do different things.
That's true. While I'd guess that most youth stake activities center on the stake center, that's not always universal. There can be other factors that drive activities to other buildings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:\You could also have one of your ward clerks look in CDOL. I think you can see where stake centers are there.
Yes, quite easily.
j2jensen

Post by j2jensen »

I'd love to see these features easily discoverable, but here's a little hack you can use (as of January 2022) to see stake boundaries and the stake center in the newer (not classic) web app:

When you've found the meetinghouse for your ward, note the numeric IDs that follow your ward and stake names (separated by a hyphen). Now look at the URL in the browser's location bar: there's a part near the end that says "&ward:{id}" where {id} is the same number you see after your ward name. Change this part to read "&stake:{id}" where {id} is the number following your stake name. Then hit the Enter key.

You'll now see your stake's boundaries and the name and number of the stake president, and the address of the stake center.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”