Need help with mission email

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
gmboyd

Post by gmboyd »

I have been trying to log into my mission email account and it seems as if it has been deleted. Is there any way that I can recover those emails?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need help with mission email

Post by russellhltn »

You might try contacting the missionary department. My understanding is that the account is deleted after certain number of weeks after your mission ends.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

MyLDSMail accounts are disabled 60 days after a missionary's release date. The account is purged approximately 18 months after the release date. When the account is disabled, access can be temporarily restored (24 hrs., I believe). Once it's purged, it's gone forever.

You'll want to contact the Global Service Center for assistance if you're within the 18-month window, not the Missionary Department.
Last edited by wertdl on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wertdl wrote:You'll want to contact the Global Service Center for assistance if you're within the 60-day window, not the Missionary Department.
You mean the 18-month window?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

russellhltn wrote:
wertdl wrote:You'll want to contact the Global Service Center for assistance if you're within the 60-day window, not the Missionary Department.
You mean the 18-month window?
Yes, thank you. I updated my post.
jamescolemanmiller

Post by jamescolemanmiller »

What if it's been longer than 18 months since your release date? I have a blog account (which I began as a missionary) that I would like to access, but I am no longer able to because it was attached to my mission email which has been deleted.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jamescolemanmiller wrote:What if it's been longer than 18 months since your release date? I have a blog account (which I began as a missionary) that I would like to access, but I am no longer able to because it was attached to my mission email which has been deleted.
You can try calling the Global Service Center at the number above, but given the information, I think they will tell you it's gone and cannot be retrieved.

isaiahfoster

I can't get restrictions off my iPad and I've been gone for a year.

Post by isaiahfoster »

Help. Please
haroldulat

Post by haroldulat »

Hi there hope you can help me I am trying to access my ldsmail but it says G suit disable and google advised to contact the G suit admin to have it activate but I can't find a way to contact the admin.

Please respond to this email
[email address redacted]
Last edited by jdlessley on Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is a public forum. Anyone can see and use this information
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

haroldulat wrote:Hi there hope you can help me I am trying to access my ldsmail but it says G suit disable and google advised to contact the G suit admin to have it activate but I can't find a way to contact the admin.
Are you a returned missionary, or a employee?

Return to “General Discussions”