Need help with mission email

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kohlerrk

Re: Need help with mission email

Post by kohlerrk »

My Daughter is on a mission. She can't receive email and it says she is over her storage limit. When we look at what she has stored I don't see any large files. I tired to insert screenshots of the file warning and files in her Mission Drive but it is not letting me.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Most likely it's ether a large number of photos stored and/or a number of attachments in past emails. The answer would be to back them up somewhere else and delete them from the account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
monicaatieno

Post by monicaatieno »

Hi am monicah Odhiambo.
This is my missionary Email [email address removed]
> I have been trying to log into my mission email account and it seems as if
> it has been deleted. Is there any way that I can recover those emails?
Last edited by jdlessley on Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove email address that is viewable to the plublic worldwide
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Are you actively serving your mission? Or are you a return missionary? If actively serving, then contact your mission office for help. If you are a return missionary, then follow the instructions to post #3 in this thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
vkhopkinson

Post by vkhopkinson »

wertdl wrote:
> You'll want to contact the Global Service Center for assistance if you're within the 18-month window, not the Missionary Department.

How do I contact “Global Service Center”?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

vkhopkinson wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:58 am wertdl wrote:
> You'll want to contact the Global Service Center for assistance if you're within the 18-month window, not the Missionary Department.

How do I contact “Global Service Center”?
Ask your ward clerk for the telephone number. He can tell you the hours of operation for your area. The help desk is open on weekdays and closed on weekends.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
hayleepearson

Post by hayleepearson »

My mission email was deleted before I got all my pictures! Could I get it reactivated again??
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

hayleepearson wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:42 pm My mission email was deleted before I got all my pictures! Could I get it reactivated again??
The answer to your question is in this post:
wertdl wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:15 pm MyLDSMail accounts are disabled 60 days after a missionary's release date. The account is purged approximately 18 months after the release date. When the account is disabled, access can be temporarily restored (24 hrs., I believe). Once it's purged, it's gone forever.

You'll want to contact the Global Service Center for assistance if you're within the 18-month window, not the Missionary Department.
See the this Help Center article for the GSD telephone numbers.
JD Lessley
Krisgard

Post by Krisgard »

My son just realized he never saved the pics that were connected to his missionary email and just hit 90 days from being home yesterday. Is everything deleted, or is it possible to recover the email long enough to save his pictures?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Krisgard wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:46 pm My son just realized he never saved the pics that were connected to his missionary email and just hit 90 days from being home yesterday. Is everything deleted, or is it possible to recover the email long enough to save his pictures?
You'll want to see the post just before yours
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”