Privacy Settings Issue

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ctroxell

Privacy Settings Issue

Post by ctroxell »

I am unable to change a member household visibility limit. The setting is currently "Stake" and any changes are ignored. I was able to change the individual household members' visibility limits but not the household visibility limit. This is not satisfactory because the household information would remain visible and the member has asked that the household visibility limit be set to "private." It appears to be issue related only to a particular household record. I have not experienced this issue with any other records in our ward that I am aware of. The member has also not been able to make any household visibility changes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Privacy Settings Issue

Post by russellhltn »

What is the person's calling? I wonder if some people can't be set to private due to the calling. For example, you wouldn't want the bishop to be inviable to the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ctroxell

Post by ctroxell »

The Sister is a Primary teacher.
ctroxell

Post by ctroxell »

I received the following post from LDSTech. Apparently this issue with Directory privacy settings is a known issue and is currently being resolved. Thanks to those who read my post.

"We currently have a bug in the Directory program surrounding the Privacy settings. If the Head of Household is a non-member we are seeing an issue with saving the setting. A fix has been created and we hope to have it released this week. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try toward the end of the week to reset the Privacy."
lamfam

Post by lamfam »

Same issue issued in entry dated Apr 23, 2016 by ctroxell. Note: The Head of Household is a member, so the reason in entry dated Apr 25, 2016 by ctroxell does not apply.

How can the Privacy settings be edited?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lamfam wrote:How can the Privacy settings be edited?
Follow the procedures here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lamfam

Post by lamfam »

Yes but no help - Seems to be a technical glitch (Listed as Stake in the "Household Visibility Limit" but the individual settings were set to "Private-Leadership only"). Need to change the "Private-Leadership only" to "Ward"- Now, today, the name will not open in the Directory view

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”