Lesson Schedule Permissions aren't working as documented

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
1Poochh

Lesson Schedule Permissions aren't working as documented

Post by 1Poochh »

I have a Relief Society Presidency member asking why she can't modify the Relief Society Lesson Schedule.

I started by verifying her calling. It is correct. She is set as the 1st counselor in the RS.

Second, I needed to understand what someone with this calling is seeing within the Lesson Schedule section. To do so, I temp gave my wife this calling and she logged in so I could see what it looked like. There wasn't an edit option available (which is very odd).

I began to read the documentation on 'Rights and Roles' stated here: https://www.lds.org/help/support/rights ... s?lang=eng

After reading this, it was clear that the 1st counselor in RS should be able to edit their Orgs lesson schedules.

I continued to read about the option of providing the Ward Website Administrator in MLS/LCR. So I did that as well, and my wife still didn't have any edit options.

The only thing that worked for me was to set my wife as the instructor of the class within Lesson Schedules. At that point, she had the option to make changes. I have now set the 1st Counselor up with as the teacher so she can modify the lesson schedule, but it is pretty clear the permissions as documented, aren't working correctly. You can only assign one teach as well, so this won't scale well.

Because the permissions aren't working correctly, is someone looking into this? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Lesson Schedule Permissions aren't working as documented

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure about Lesson Schedule, but for some things, like LCR, rights can take a day or so to appear.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: Lesson Schedule Permissions aren't working as documented

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure about Lesson Schedule, but for some things, like LCR, rights can take a day or so to appear.
Yes, that's definitely true for Lesson Schedule as well.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”