Choose to Bump or Overwrite with new events

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
thebundok

Choose to Bump or Overwrite with new events

Post by thebundok »

Sometimes unplanned events come up which supplant the previously planned lesson. Rather than automatically overwriting a lesson for a given day it should be allowed an option to choose to bump the lessons forward. This shouldn't be so difficult as the functionality technically already exists when events are created before the lesson schedules.

Without this functionality, if one needs to add an event and bump/shift the remaining lessons forward one of two things must happen:
1. The planner must then spend a great deal of time shifting each lesson plan individually (which essentially entails recreating every lesson)
2. The planner must add the event and then delete and recreate the entire lesson schedule for that class. (also incredibly time consuming).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Choose to Bump or Overwrite with new events

Post by lajackson »

thebundok wrote:1. The planner must then spend a great deal of time shifting each lesson plan individually (which essentially entails recreating every lesson)
The last time I did this, I added the event, then the next lesson, and it autofilled the remainder of the lessons for the year. It has been a while, so I do not remember if there was an option to autofill or not, but I did not have to move/enter every following lesson.

Of course, it may have changed.
eblood66

Re: Choose to Bump or Overwrite with new events

Post by eblood66 »

thebundok wrote:Without this functionality, if one needs to add an event and bump/shift the remaining lessons forward one of two things must happen:
1. The planner must then spend a great deal of time shifting each lesson plan individually (which essentially entails recreating every lesson)
2. The planner must add the event and then delete and recreate the entire lesson schedule for that class. (also incredibly time consuming).
When a lesson is replaced by an event it should show a link labeled 'Insert missing lessons' at the top of the lesson schedule page. If you click on that link it should bump everything forward just like it does if the event is created before the schedule is created.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”