Adding Non member spouse information in LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding Non member spouse information in LCR

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:10 am Actually this is backwards currently, at least in the United States. The non-member spouse will show up in the online directory and member tools based on the current marriage information in the member's membership record, UNLESS the clerk contacts the GSD to have the non-member spouse suppressed.
From posts made here, it seems it could go either way. We'd had people who want to add it and we'd had people wanting to take it off. Some clerks have indicated mixed results in their own ward. I'm not sure what the default is.

Either way, if it's not to the member's liking, it is fixable but support has to be contacted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:37 pm
garystroble wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:10 am Actually this is backwards currently, at least in the United States. The non-member spouse will show up in the online directory and member tools based on the current marriage information in the member's membership record, UNLESS the clerk contacts the GSD to have the non-member spouse suppressed.
From posts made here, it seems it could go either way. We'd had people who want to add it and we'd had people wanting to take it off. Some clerks have indicated mixed results in their own ward. I'm not sure what the default is.

Either way, if it's not to the member's liking, it is fixable but support has to be contacted.
Perhaps the default was selected way back when by the stake president in the initial set up for the web page? Just a wild guess.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:58 pm Perhaps the default was selected way back when by the stake president in the initial set up for the web page? Just a wild guess.
I'm trying to remember if there was such as switch in LUWS (the very first web pages for members).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The default is to show them. To hide them requires a call to GSD.
dbmiles74701

Post by dbmiles74701 »

Hello, I have a question regarding adding a non-member spouse in LCR. I have a female member who married a non-member spouse, but does not want her name changed to his last name in LCR. Is this option possible? I can go to the members information in LCR and under the family tab, I can click on Add Marriage. Then the first question asked, Is the Husband a Member of the Church? When I click on no, then a bunch of boxes show up where I can put the husband's name, birth date, and marriage date, place and country. Then I click on the blue Add Spouse button. But I don't want to click on this button until I know that there is a way to keep the wife's maiden name in LCR. She does not want her husband's last name to become her last name in LCR. Can this be done?

Dennis Miles
Fossil RIdge Ward Clerk
Fort Worth, Texas
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dbmiles74701 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:51 pm I have a female member who married a non-member spouse, but does not want her name changed to his last name in LCR. Is this option possible?
She does not want her husband's last name to become her last name in LCR. Can this be done?
Refer to General Handbook, 33.6.1. The "full legal name, as defined by local law or custom, should be used in membership records." Was her named changed when she got married? If not, then make sure the name entered when recording the marriage is what was filed during her marriage.

While the record should show her full legal name, what is displayed on directories and lists is at her discretion. That is done by changing the preferred name. Review her record after the marriage is recorded to make sure the the full legal name is recorded and the preferred name is as she would like it.

Be sure to check the household name is what she would like it to be.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”