Adding Non member spouse information in LCR

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ckbr00ks

Adding Non member spouse information in LCR

Post by ckbr00ks »

Having difficulty updating a member's non-member spouse info from home using LCR. Is this even possible within the capabilities of current software? Assuming it's fairly straightforward from MLS. Using LCR, software only offers addition of members to a household, so I can't even get to where I might add a NM spouse.

To even get the new last name, I had to select the option for legal name change (which it is), since guidance chosen for option for new marriage told me to add the marriage and the software would automatically add the new last name. Except -- no where I could find using LCR to add the marriage to a non member!!!

Help, please.

Thank you.

CKB
mfmohlma

Re: Adding Non member spouse information in LCR

Post by mfmohlma »

This function is still only available in MLS at the moment.
daltonbr

Post by daltonbr »

Any update on this? Because this function is not in MLS anymore
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Yes, marriages are now recorded in LCR. Find the member's profile (using the search box or the Member List), click on the Family tab and then click on the Add Marriage link.
hoopla4u

Post by hoopla4u »

I have an interesting twist to this. I have a member whose husband was baptized in 2015. But unfortunately when this was all recorded the wife shows up as 'other' in the household. Their children all link correctly, but it won't register them as husband and wife. I've tried splitting and combining the households. I've tried updating all the names with middle names but that didn't seem to help. In the descriptions it lists them as non member spouses, even though they both have baptismal dates. Help? :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hoopla4u wrote:In the descriptions it lists them as non member spouses, even though they both have baptismal dates. Help? :)
Call Local Unit Support on Monday. They're not properly linked to each other. As a result, when you put the wife into his household, she doesn't match up and gets classified as "other"

You can't fix this from your end without ending up with a false divorce and remarriage.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

hoopla4u wrote:I have an interesting twist to this. I have a member whose husband was baptized in 2015. But unfortunately when this was all recorded the wife shows up as 'other' in the household. Their children all link correctly, but it won't register them as husband and wife. I've tried splitting and combining the households. I've tried updating all the names with middle names but that didn't seem to help. In the descriptions it lists them as non member spouses, even though they both have baptismal dates. Help? :)
Yet another example demonstrating the need for the ward clerk to review the convert baptism paperwork prepared by the missionaries before it goes to the mission office for data entry. I suspect all the relationships in this case would have been entered correctly if all information, including MRNs, had been entered correctly on the form.
As Russell said, Local Unit Support can fix all that.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davidsteele1

Post by davidsteele1 »

When will LCR be updated to include addition of a non-member spouse?
This is really messing up our ward's records...
As a stop-gap measure, could a "Notes" text box be added to the member's profile?
This way non-member spouse's information can be saved, then officially migrated later when LCR is updated...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Due to privacy laws, I doubt we'll ever get that. You can record them as the spouse on the member's record.

If it helps any, you can make them visible in the on-line directory so the member doesn't look like they're single. But you have to contact support for that. Last I knew, there was nothing you could do at your end to change that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:50 am Due to privacy laws, I doubt we'll ever get that. You can record them as the spouse on the member's record.

If it helps any, you can make them visible in the on-line directory so the member doesn't look like they're single. But you have to contact support for that. Last I knew, there was nothing you could do at your end to change that.
Actually this is backwards currently, at least in the United States. The non-member spouse will show up in the online directory and member tools based on the current marriage information in the member's membership record, UNLESS the clerk contacts the GSD to have the non-member spouse suppressed.

Return to “Membership Help”