Missionary Portal Access

Discussions about other Church websites
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Missionary Portal Access

Post by jdlessley »

Call the global service department (GSD) support line on a weekday. They can look into the error issues and any other issues.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
byubutlers

Post by byubutlers »

My son submitted his mission papers a few weeks ago and it initially stated "received March 25th". This morning it had changed to "received April 7th". Any reason why the received by date may have changed? I am assuming this will affect when the call is assigned as well?
lxall29

Post by lxall29 »

I would like to go on a senior single sister mission. Please let me know how to put my papers in.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lxall29 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:13 am I would like to go on a senior single sister mission. Please let me know how to put my papers in.
You should start the process by meeting with your bishop or branch president.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

byubutlers wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:38 am Any reason why the received by date may have changed? I am assuming this will affect when the call is assigned as well?
I believe that is a headquarters date that may have changed if the application had to go back to the stake president for clarification or additional information. There may be other reasons the date may change, as well.

And there is no way to know when a call assignment will be made based simply on the received by date. There are a whole lot of things that take place in the missionary call process, even once the application has arrived at Church headquarters. Each application is handled individually to make sure that everything is complete before the application goes to the Brethren for assignment.
davidalban2019

Post by davidalban2019 »

Apreciados hermanos, recibí mi llamamiento y leí la carta la primera vez pero luego de eso no he podido volver a encontrar la carta del llamamiento misional. ustedes podrían ayudarme para encontrar la carta de mi llamamiento misional? busqué en missionary portal y no encuentro ninguna opcion para verla.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Apreciados hermanos, recibí mi llamamiento y leí la carta la primera vez pero luego de eso no he podido volver a encontrar la carta del llamamiento misional. ustedes podrían ayudarme para encontrar la carta de mi llamamiento misional? busqué en missionary portal y no encuentro ninguna opcion para verla.
Essentially, the question is if a Missionary Calling Letter (or whatever it's called) is available for viewing/printing via the Missionary Portal. I thought the letters were now received via email, but perhaps in some cases only a physical copy is sent? I'm sure others here in the Forum can help with the details.
jinkyr

Post by jinkyr »

I hope and pray that my missionary call letter will arrive soon. Is there someone like me in here waiting for their missionary calling? I know it's tough but we need to keep the faith and continue praying.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

jinkyr wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:30 am I hope and pray that my missionary call letter will arrive soon. Is there someone like me in here waiting for their missionary calling? I know it's tough but we need to keep the faith and continue praying.
As someone else involved in the moderation approval process pointed out, the Church does not (yet) run at internet speed. Some things just take the time they will take. You'll find that's true of investigators, too. Then will be ready when they are ready. All we can do is teach and invite them to receive the blessings.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:04 pm
jinkyr wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:30 am I hope and pray that my missionary call letter will arrive soon. Is there someone like me in here waiting for their missionary calling? I know it's tough but we need to keep the faith and continue praying.
As someone else involved in the moderation approval process pointed out, the Church does not (yet) run at internet speed. Some things just take the time they will take. You'll find that's true of investigators, too. Then will be ready when they are ready. All we can do is teach and invite them to receive the blessings.
A gentle correction, I believe investigators are called friends now.

Return to “Other Websites”