Downloading hymns from the LDS.ORG website

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jam7@rocketmail.com

Downloading hymns from the LDS.ORG website

Post by jam7@rocketmail.com »

I would like to download the hymns (singing, not merely accompaniment) in Portuguese. However, when I access the Inspiring Media tab in Portuguese, I can't find a link to download anything other than the sheet music, the accompaniment music (without singing), or the songs from General Conference. Any ideas?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Downloading hymns from the LDS.ORG website

Post by scgallafent »

I scanned through a few hymns in the Music Library (https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns?lang=por) and didn't see anything except instrumental accompaniment. What you're looking for may not be available.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The Church has only produced recordings of the hymnbook in 2 languages, and the Children's Songbook in 10 languages:

Hymns: English, Spanish
Children's Songbook: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Dutch, Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean

Sometimes other languages have instrumental tracks listed (on LDS.org and in the Church apps), but they are actually the English instrumental tracks that have been cross-referenced over to other hymnbooks. So, you won't find instrumental recordings of the songs unique to the Portuguese hymnbook.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brendenjensen

Post by brendenjensen »

Try downloading LDS music from Google play or app store
crochetinglady

Post by crochetinglady »

I am finding it's the same with the hymns in Spanish. I would very much like to download the mp3's of the voice and music of the hymns in Spanish. I can do so on some of the songs individually, but not the complete hymns in Spanish. Does anyone have a link to where we can do that?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

crochetinglady wrote:I am finding it's the same with the hymns in Spanish. I would very much like to download the mp3's of the voice and music of the hymns in Spanish. I can do so on some of the songs individually, but not the complete hymns in Spanish. Does anyone have a link to where we can do that?
I haven't been able to find a zip file with all the Spanish hymns at LDS.org. I'd suggest sending the suggestion as feedback (feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
alvinkuteka

Post by alvinkuteka »

hymns in english
Darkosethtetteh

Post by Darkosethtetteh »

Sit to downloads of hymns
natashain2

Post by natashain2 »

I also want to download the ENTIRE "Spanish" Hymnal with words. I want to put it on a Zip drive so my daughter can take it on her mission to Argentina. Is there a way to download the whole thing at once? I can to it song by song, but it is taking too long... and I'm an early-morning seminary teacher... I don't really have a lot of spare time.
ydedelen

Post by ydedelen »

as I have loved you

Return to “Main Church Website”