Attendance Rolls

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Attendance Rolls

Post by jdlessley »

maryelizabethannwalsh wrote:Where can I find the Relief Society attendance roll
On Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) > Reports > Attendance Rolls. Then select Relief Society in the "Select an organization" drop-down list box.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kkschwendiman

Post by kkschwendiman »

When I click Relief Society here, nothing at all comes up. ???
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kkschwendiman wrote:When I click Relief Society here, nothing at all comes up. ???
The attendance roll is not automatically displayed. To see it and print it just click the PDF Print button in the gray bar below the quarter selected.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
terrilynntrujillo

Post by terrilynntrujillo »

I just got put in as primary secretary and I am wondering if the teachers take roll or does the secretary?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

terrilynntrujillo wrote:I just got put in as primary secretary and I am wondering if the teachers take roll or does the secretary?
I don't think teachers have access to enter the attendance. If they take it, it will have to be recorded some other way and transmitted to someone who can enter it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MamaNise

Post by MamaNise »

I am the RS secretary. I know I'm supposed to take attendance for the 2nd and 4th Sundays when it is RS days. The Primary and YW Secretaries cannot access the attendance records for teachers so I gather the info from them and enter it for those women who are teaching in those auxiliaries. My question is: should I be taking the roll of all the RS women on the SS weeks? Our current SS Secretary doesn't take attendance of the adults in Gospel Doctrine, only the kids in the youth classes and sometimes the adult teachers. He also doesn't get the Primary teachers. I want things to be accurate so I have been taking the roll of the Primary teachers who are women on SS weeks but I'm not sure if I'm overstepping my bounds. I also was told that the ward budget is now affected by class and quorum attendance. Is that true? Thanks in advance.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

MamaNise wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:41 pm I also was told that the ward budget is now affected by class and quorum attendance. Is that true? Thanks in advance.
The most recent budget allowances depended only on Sacrament Meeting attendance, primary attendance and YM and YW class attendance. There was not a component for adult class attendance. I haven't seen any notification of any changes and the official communication library doesn't have any letters about any changes. So unless it's a pilot program that your stake is part of, I don't think that's true.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

My question is: should I be taking the roll of all the RS women on the SS weeks?
There's a lot of scattered references in the Handbook that cover aspects of this, and I think there's a bit of difference of opinion about whether RS/EQ secretaries enter adult attendance every week, or if the SS secretary is charged with the 1st/3rd Sundays. For me, a good starting reference is GHB 33.4.4, which says that Quorum and organization leaders oversee record keeping in their organizations, and they may assign secretaries to do much of this work. On 1st and 3rd Sundays, for attendance the adults are part of the the SS organization, not the RS or EQ organization. So on a SS Sunday, the SS leaders are charged with recording attendance, and GHB 33.5.5.1 also states that members who are serving in Primary (or as youth leaders on 1st/3rd Sundays) are also counted.

So regarding your question, my understanding then is that the SS President (or an assigned counselor or secretary) should be recording attendance in LCR for the "RS women" who are serving in Primary on each 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month.

As an aside, in GHB 12.3.3 it states Primary secretaries should work with EQ and RS Secretaries for attendance, but I couldn't see anywhere it explicitly states the Primary secretary should also work with the SS Secretary. Perhaps I've missed something, but it seems implied at the very least that the Primary Secretary would directly work with the SS Secretary for attendance on 1st and 3rd Sundays, without requiring the RS Secretary to be involved.

Again, that's my understanding, and we'll see if others in the Forum understand things differently (or better?) ;)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If the SS secretary does have access to record attendance, then it would seem someone in that organization should be doing so.

It might be time to stop doing their work for them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JeffreyIanNance

Post by JeffreyIanNance »

Around twenty years ago, I was called as Ward Clerk.

At the time we were using MLS for membership and financial responsibilities.

Back then in MLS it was possible to call up a Ward Membership list with the option of printing it as an attendance roll.

The purpose in doing so was that it enabled me, during Sacrament meeting, to sit on the stand and keep an unofficial attendance roll.

This enabled me to provide the Bishop with a list each of those members who had been missing from Sacrament meeting x times out of x weeks.

As a result the Bishop was able to catch members as they started to 'fall through the cracks'.

I have just recently been called again as Ward Clerk.

I am trying to re-create this same 'roll', although nowadays, LCR is the program in use.

There does not seem to be an option available to do so.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Is there a 'custom lists' option on LCR, which was also available previously on MLS?

Return to “Reports and Forms”