how to sync ward calendar into google calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
leetorian

Re: how to sync ward calendar into google calendar

Post by leetorian »

That functionality is greatly missed. I use one calendar for everything, Work, Church, Personal, Family etc.,
You folks do a great job. I am always impressed with the functionality and clean interface.
Please see if you can raise this priority to get it replaced... you know how important I am... the center of the universe. :-)
Last edited by leetorian on Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Alas, we are all just calendar users here (not the calendar developers). We want it back as much as you do.
supersickle

Post by supersickle »

Yes the feature enabling the calendar to be imported to other calendar apps was an essential usefulness feature for me. I just got released as Bishop and now have time on my hands if you can use another developer/tester in the endeavor :-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

supersickle wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:48 pm I just got released as Bishop and now have time on my hands if you can use another developer/tester in the endeavor :-)
Just guessing, but you'd probably have to be hired as a employee to work on anything. Even then, there's no guarantee that you'll be working on the calendar, but whatever "they" think is most important right now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shielalee

Post by shielalee »

Wait! Are y'all saying that I can't sync my church calendar to my google calendar anymore? Ever? :o
Please say I'm wrong and then baby step me through how to get it back on my google calendar - pretty please!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

shielalee wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:25 pm Wait! Are y'all saying that I can't sync my church calendar to my google calendar anymore? Ever?
If you will read more carefully, you will see that is not what is being said. Sync was not yet coded into version 4.0 when it was released, but it is being coded and will be added again.
shielalee

Post by shielalee »

Whew! Thank you - sorry!
Will there be an announcement made somewhere when this is done? Do we just have to keep checking back? Is there any estimated time frame for completion?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shielalee wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:51 pm Will there be an announcement made somewhere when this is done?
Unlikely

shielalee wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:51 pm Do we just have to keep checking back?
I would

shielalee wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:51 pm Is there any estimated time frame for completion?
No
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Syncing is back! You can go to the gear icon in the top right of the calendar and set up your sync URLs again.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jabrownaz1

Post by jabrownaz1 »

woohoo, so glad sync is back. thank you team.

Return to “Calendar”