LDS Account

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.

Do you agree or disagree with this article?

I have no opinion
75%
I have no opinion
11%
I have no opinion
14%

Total votes: 28

JCMASON4-p40

LDS Accounts not ready for PrimeTime

Post by JCMASON4-p40 »

I don't see how LDS Accounts is ready for release. :mad:

The help system is extremely poor. The system locks you out for days - with no recourse except trying to use a help desk that has an extremely poor response time.

The help system automatically generates an email response with an invalid link to your case (I assume it's an internal link that is being exposed to the end-user. So it will never work).

I sign up for new web accounts several times a week. I have never experience the problems I have with LDS accounts. Which is really unfortunate since I use my Stake/Ward website on almost a daily basis.

I clearly made the mistake of thinking that LDS Accounts was working since it was advertised to me on my log in. What a mistake.
daztrue

What is the migration process?

Post by daztrue »

How soon will New FamilySearch be migrating to LDS Account and does that mean that everyone will have to register again? :eek:
nabosh

Post by nabosh »

What happens if a person does not have the sufficient information for recovering their account? I have multiple people in my ward who have some sort of account set put (they seem to think it happened during their mission at some point) but have no idea what email address it was done with, or any other info necessary to recover their login credentials. They have their MRN and birthday, but for the moment, cannot access our ward's LDS.org resources.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nabosh wrote:What happens if a person does not have the sufficient information for recovering their account?

What information do they need that they are missing? Everything comes from their membership record, so they need to talk to the ward membership clerk if they need a peek at the answers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

nabosh wrote:What happens if a person does not have the sufficient information for recovering their account?
The LDS Account logon page has a link/button, "Can't Sign In?", to their help page that provides detailed instructions for just about any situation. Lost user name? That is covered. Can't remember the user name? That is covered. Can't remember the e-mail address used to create the account? That is covered.

The only information a member needs is their MRN and their birth date. The MRN is on their IOS (individual ordinance summary) available by contacting their ward clerk as RussellHltn explained. And for those with memory problems :confused: their birth date is also on the IOS.:D

Just remember that the e-mail address provided must be a valid working address since it must be verified to complete the registration or in some situations the registration recovery process.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jdlessley wrote:And for those with memory problems :confused: their birth date is also on the IOS.:D

While your birth date is on your IOS, please remembe that our local clerk can do absolutely NOTHING about how old that makes you...:rolleyes: You would need to have that discussion with someone MUCH higher up in the "Organization." :D
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

MRN can also be found on a temple recommend, provided the member is carrying it.

dotbody

Document to help members use their LDS Account

Post by dotbody »

I created the following 1-page document to help members use their LDS Account (Open Office & PDF):

http://lds.andymott.com/DOCS/LDS_ACCOUNT_INFO.odt (36kb)
http://lds.andymott.com/DOCS/LDS_ACCOUNT_INFO.pdf (26kb)

Feel free to use these as appropriate. I've been distributing these to families, as well as including them in our new member packets.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I set up a non member log in as a test for a presentation on LDS.org a couple weeks ago. The account set up no problem. Gives very limited access, but it set up fine. Best I can tell is that the user can get to "My Study Notebook and certain parts of newfamilysearch
kristaanncook

Re: LDS Account

Post by kristaanncook »

What guidelines/policies/procedures exist for how MRN's can be handled? I'm a website administrator and I'm working with the Ward Clerk to help our members set up LDSAccounts.

I'm confident the guidance exists somewhere, so if you can just point me to it that would be great. I suspect it is on the Clerk and Technology resources somewhere but if someone could give me detailed instructions on how to find it I can pass that along to the Ward Clerk. Very few people in my ward are digital and they do not know how to search these resources themselves. I generally have to find out and help them do it.

We want to do things properly but we are wondering if the Clerk could/should give membership numbers to people over the phone, via email, text message, sealed in an envelope, through snail mail or some other method.

Any guidance on what follows proper procedures and what is or is not recommended would be appreciated.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”