Problems loging into LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
RhondaEastin

Problems loging into LDS Tools

Post by RhondaEastin »

Several weeks ago, when I went to use LDS Tools on my Apple phone, it told me I needed to sign in again to update/verify my account. I went to do so, logged in, and the screen told me 'downloading will take a few minutes', or something to that effect. It then immediately went back to the login screen. It has continued to do this everytime I attempt to log in. However, I can log into lds.org, or si.lds.org on both my phone and computer, using the same username and password. I spent about an hour in a chat with someone at the Global Service Center chat support, and she couldn't figure it out either. (I found out later that they don't support LDS tools at the Global Service Center.) However, she tried to help, and then told me to try again the next day, stating it might be a problem with the ldstools database.

I have tried the following
1. Making sure the app was closed.
2. Delete LDS Tools from my phone and reinstall.
3. Delete LDS tools from the i-tunes cloud, and reinstall.
4. Tried to log in on Wifi.
5. Tried to log in using mobile data.

Everything I have tried results in the same thing happening. Does anyone have any other ideas of how I can solve this problem?
RC
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Problems loging into LDS Tools

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you able to log into the LDS.org Directory, in a web browser on your computer?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RhondaEastin

Post by RhondaEastin »

Yes, I can log into the directory.
RhondaEastin

Post by RhondaEastin »

It seems to only be a problem on my iphone
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It sounds like you've tried most of the basic troubleshooting. Are you able to get into "Contact Us" under Help, to email the developers, or does it not let you get to that menu? If not, you can try emailing LDSToolsSupport@ldschurch.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
RhondaEastin

Post by RhondaEastin »

I've sent an email to both of those, so now I'm just waiting. Thanks for the suggestion.
sonjadahl

Post by sonjadahl »

I've got the identical issue as RhondaEastin. Please let me know what you find out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Any change your password has odd characters in it like a space or punctuation?

Another possibility might be a "reserved word" that might be significant to computers. (Like "drop" or "table".) But I don't know how to check that short of posting your password, which is not a good idea.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Going back to the OP, having carried out the 2 and/or 3 in the list of actions. Before reinstalling, was the phone powered down, then restarted?
RhondaEastin

Post by RhondaEastin »

My phone was not powdered done before reinstalling, so I tried that and then reinstalled LDS tools. Same problem occured. I do have a '#' character in my password, could that be causing a problem?

Return to “Member Tools”