Cannot recover LDS account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot recover LDS account

Post by rmrichesjr »

jaredwenceslao wrote:My sister wants to enroll in BYU Pathway but she forgot her church account so what we did is we put her MRN and her birth date. The system appears there's an error appeared and it says: There was an issue processing your request. Please try again later. We waited an hour then still it happens again. We tried attempt in the next day but still, it happens again.
At the top of the 'Church Account' subforum is a 'please read first' announcement topic. It describes several ways to recover an account. It's here: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383

One of the options is to contact your ward/branch clerk. He can arrange contact with the Global Service Department, and they can fix essentially anything, though they may need some more information to make sure it's really you (rather than an imposter) who is trying to recover the account.
dglehmann

Post by dglehmann »

I have been trying all morning to purchase an item on LDS.org. l have changed my user name a couple of times, my password about four times and it has locked me out. What do I do, how can I fix this?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

dglehmann wrote:I have been trying all morning to purchase an item on LDS.org. l have changed my user name a couple of times, my password about four times and it has locked me out. What do I do, how can I fix this?
IIUC, the lockout will cure itself after a period of time. I don't recall exactly how long. If the matter is urgent, your ward clerk can put you into contact with the Global Service Department who can probably solve the problem. At the top of the Church Account forum is a 'please read first' thread with several suggestions, including contacting your ward clerk.
bparaha

Post by bparaha »

I am trying to help a member in our ward. He can log onto Family Search but can not log onto LDS.org. He has tried to reset his password using his email address mobile phone number, DOB and MRN. However, an error comes up stating 'An account matching the MRN and Birth date you have entered was not found. Please double check your data was entered correctly." His DOB and MRN are correct on church records.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bparaha wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:14 am However, an error comes up stating 'An account matching the MRN and Birth date you have entered was not found. Please double check your data was entered correctly." His DOB and MRN are correct on church records.
What happens if he tries to create a church account using his MRN? Is it possible he never created one?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bparaha

Post by bparaha »

Hi I am trying to help a member log onto LDS.org. However, he is unable to but his log-on details work on Family Search. He has tried resetting his account using email address, mobile phone, MRN, and DOB. However, it states the account matching DOB and MRN was not found. Please can you advise what we can do next.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

bparaha wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:55 pm Hi I am trying to help a member log onto LDS.org. However, he is unable to but his log-on details work on Family Search. He has tried resetting his account using email address, mobile phone, MRN, and DOB. However, it states the account matching DOB and MRN was not found. Please can you advise what we can do next.
My guess, and it's just a guess, is the member created a Family Search account but _not_ a Church Account. In that case, the solution is to create a Church Account. Then, if necessary, he might need to merge the old Family Search account with the new Church Account.
bparaha

Post by bparaha »

Hi the member definately had the LDS account before the Family Serach account. How would I merge the both as suggested?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bparaha wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:55 am How would I merge the both as suggested?
I'm assuming you're a clerk. The only thing you can do is pass along the phone number for support to the member. GSD will not work with someone "on behalf" of another adult.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aliinuunat

Post by aliinuunat »

How can I can recover my password when I don't remember any of the email or mobile number?

Return to “Church Account”