Lesson links

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
wrigjef

Lesson links

Post by wrigjef »

I just added the RS class. When I activate, view year and edit the specific lesson, even though I select lesson manual, it won't allow me to select a lesson. It only gives me "unknown" and an instructor field.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Lesson links

Post by jdlessley »

Are you trying to set up the Lesson Schedules for 2017? If yes, then the options for "Manual and Lesson Material" is not yet available, or not yet programmed.

If you are trying to edit a 2016 class then you may need to provide some more detail as to what specific option box you are trying to edit. When a class is initially set up you must select one of the available sources in "Manual and Lesson Material" for the entire year before any specific date lesson can be edited.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Our ward has never used the tool so it's 2016 as of next week that I'm starting with. I added the class Relief Society and designated the auxalary as Relief Society, selected the year and manual or lesson material. I save that and then go under view year, find next week, select class manual as lesson type but beneath the radio buttons it says "unknown" then gives an instructor field.

There is no selection for actual lesson material like there used to be
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Maybe your browser isn't loading the list of lessons properly – have you tried a different browser?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

That was it. Reset browser and it started working fine. Any idea when lesson schedules will be part of LDS tools? Right now it looks like it's exclusively on the website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wrigjef wrote:That was it. Reset browser and it started working fine. Any idea when lesson schedules will be part of LDS tools? Right now it looks like it's exclusively on the website.
Nothing that's been announced. Lesson Schedules hasn't gotten any development love since it was created to allow the old LUWS to be shutdown. There have been a few fixes when it was broken by changes made elsewhere, but that's been it. The Brethren have higher priorities.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Understandable.
jennsturdevant

Post by jennsturdevant »

Does anyone know when "Manual and Lesson Material" will be an available option to set up lesson schedules for 2017?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jennsturdevant wrote:Does anyone know when "Manual and Lesson Material" will be an available option to set up lesson schedules for 2017?
It comes when it comes. Last year, it was Oct 27. Prior years it's been in December.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”