Finding old photos

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
zaneclark

Finding old photos

Post by zaneclark »

I hope this isn't too far off topic, and if it is one of the moderators can remove it, but with the recent upgrade to iOS 10 for the iPhone, I found a feature that helps me find photos of members and church activities. In the Photos app, you can now find photos by location, so I typed in the name of the street where our chapel is located and found over 600 photos I have taken there over the years of members and church activities! I now plan on using some of these "historical" photos in the Newsletter. Of course if I had done a better job organizing photos into albums, I might already have this collection of photos, but since I'm not organized, I'm glad Apple did it for me!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Finding old photos

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:I now plan on using some of these "historical" photos in the Newsletter.
How do you plan to obtain approval of the members so you will be allowed to use their photographs? Or do you already have approval from the members in the pictures?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

lajackson wrote:
zaneclark wrote:I now plan on using some of these "historical" photos in the Newsletter.
How do you plan to obtain approval of the members so you will be allowed to use their photographs? Or do you already have approval from the members in the pictures?
Most photos have been used before when I posted them in the Newsletter after an activity. I won't be posting the individual photos that were originally taken for the directory.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

That's a great idea!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

An addendum to my original post;; I downloaded the latest operating system for my desktop mac yesterday and found that they have added the same feature! To summarize, you can now use your iPad, iPhone, laptop or desktop mac to find an album of all the photos you have taken at a specific location... (There is another feature which uses facial recognition to group faces...mine found 41 photos of our bishop!)

Return to “Newsletter”