Webcast a satellite broadcast?

Discussions around the satellite system and video distribution.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Webcast uma transmissão via satélite?

Post by russellhltn »

v_hugodasilva wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:36 pm gostaria de saber como faz uma sala no webcast
Zoom webcasts do not support "rooms".

Did you mean how to make a room in a Zoom meeting?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Re: Webcast a satellite broadcast?

Post by mevans »

awev wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:48 pm Things have changed again - satellite broadcasts in North America (at least in the United States and Canada) is going away, and will cease by July of the year 2022 . Also, as I type this, COVID-19 has been a major disruptive event, so check with those local authority, along with where the broadcast is originating from.
I think you meant that the church webcast system is going away in July 2022. They just sent a letter about that.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

mevans wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:06 am
awev wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:48 pm Things have changed again - satellite broadcasts in North America (at least in the United States and Canada) is going away, and will cease by July of the year 2022 . Also, as I type this, COVID-19 has been a major disruptive event, so check with those local authority, along with where the broadcast is originating from.
I think you meant that the church webcast system is going away in July 2022. They just sent a letter about that.
I think you will find that the satellite system is going away at the end of this year!
mevans

Post by mevans »

Biggles wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:38 am I think you will find that the satellite system is going away at the end of this year!
From what I understood from reading various posts at the time of the satellite removal announcement, there are two satellites used in North America. One of them is going away at the end of 2021 due to the US government auction of certain frequencies (I think it's C-band). From discussions I saw here, it sounded like the other satellite (I believe it's a K-band) would continue to be used and those dishes wouldn't necessarily be removed.

The big 8-foot dish at our stake center was recently removed, but I was surprised to see that they replaced it with a smaller dish pointed elsewhere. I don't know why our location received a replacement dish, rather than a complete removal.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:54 am From what I understood from reading various posts at the time of the satellite removal announcement, there are two satellites used in North America. One of them is going away at the end of 2021 due to the US government auction of certain frequencies (I think it's C-band).
A sizable chunk of the C-band is being reallocated for 5G cell service.

mevans wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:54 am The big 8-foot dish at our stake center was recently removed, but I was surprised to see that they replaced it with a smaller dish pointed elsewhere. I don't know why our location received a replacement dish, rather than a complete removal.
Your location probably couldn't get fast enough internet for a multiple languages needed. Whenever possible, the church is going to use internet rather than satellite.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
awev

Post by awev »

Sorry folks, must of been a longer day than I realized. I did mean that for the most part that the satellite system that the church employs in the United States and Canada is ending this year, and that the webcast service is ending in July of 2022.

Return to “Satellite”