Adding classes to 2017

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
bclamunyon

Re: Adding classes to 2017

Post by bclamunyon »

I would also appreciate the lesson manuals being made available, in the drop down menu, by November if possible.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Evidently they are discontinuing lesson schedules for 2017. See previous posts.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 66#p161866

Postby bcgroen » 14 Nov 2016 08:45
"Sorry. The message below explains below. A message like the one below will be posted on the site this week.
The Lesson Schedules function on LDS.org will be discontinued effective December 31, 2016. Please use other means to manage lesson schedules, such as printed lists, email, or other online programs. Guidelines for using online resources in Church callings may be found at
https://www.lds.org/pages/online-resour ... b-internet
Sincerely

TD Response Team"
dlundell

Post by dlundell »

If you look at Lessons now -- you will see a banner saying "The Lesson Schedules function on LDS.org will be discontinued effective December 31, 2016. Please use other means to manage lesson schedules, such as printed lists, email, or other online programs. Guidelines for using online resources in Church callings may be found at internet.lds.org." We are going to pilot using the Ward Calendar -- setting up a new calendar that people can subscribe to
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Would be interested in how you set up a lesson calendar. Would it have links to the lesson like the
lesson schedule did?
ChiHoffmann

Post by ChiHoffmann »

I see that everyone here is talking about updating lesson schedules, yet when I go to the lesson schedules on lds.org it says that the tool is being discontinued. I appears that the responsibility for lesson schedules has been shifted to another department in the church, but does anyone know if they will continue the lesson schedule tool or not? I assume the church will continue the tool but wonder if anyone might know for sure.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ChiHoffmann wrote:I see that everyone here is talking about updating lesson schedules, yet when I go to the lesson schedules on lds.org it says that the tool is being discontinued.
This topic started back early last month. The information that the Lesson Schedules tool was being discontinued only came out last week, so posts prior to that were understandably talking about continuing to use the existing tool. More recent posts have responded to the news of the discontinuation.
ChiHoffmann wrote:I appears that the responsibility for lesson schedules has been shifted to another department in the church, but does anyone know if they will continue the lesson schedule tool or not? I assume the church will continue the tool but wonder if anyone might know for sure.
No, the responsibility is not being shifted to another department. The Lesson Schedules tool is simply being discontinued.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

casper684 wrote:Would be interested in how you set up a lesson calendar. Would it have links to the lesson like the
lesson schedule did?
Unfortunately no! But Newsletter do.
Create a new topic (e.s. QA Lessons, etcetera) then write Date, Topic (with link to the lesson) and Teacher (with link to mail address, if you wish).
You can divide Lesson's schedule per month or per year, as you prefer.
Maybe a main topic "Lessons" and sub-topic per auxiliary?
Not sure because I can't test it.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Where would I find the links for the lessons all in one place?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

casper684 wrote:Where would I find the links for the lessons all in one place?
You can get to all the manuals from here:
https://www.lds.org/manual?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

That is the link for the manuals. If I put in a newsletter by auxiliary there is place for
"attachment" for I can't figure out how to get a blue link to actual lessons?
Seems as if creating a lesson calendar too much work for each auxiliary.
Thoughts on how to accomplish putting lesson schedules WITH link at same
time?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”