Adding classes to 2017

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mevans

Re: Adding classes to 2017

Post by mevans »

lajackson wrote:
casper684 wrote:I have put in the "events" for 2017 but not allowed to choose classes they will preempt? I must redo when manuals available?
Events are loaded first for the entire ward. When you load the lessons from the manuals for each class, they will skip the weeks where there are events already in place.
However, you can choose for which classes certain events apply. I use that feature for ward conference, where some classes have a special program on that day. But you can't apply it to a class until you've created the class, so you usually have to reflow after they're both done.
twinb

Post by twinb »

You would think that as soon as the new manual is available online, that you could add it to the Lesson Schedule, but for some reason it isn't done that way. The manual has been available online for several weeks, but it's still not an option in the Schedule. "They" always get connected eventually, but as far as I can tell, there is no "normal" time when it is available. I often give up and manually make my Lesson Schedule by copying and pasting individual links for each lesson, which is tedious, but at least it gets done. You just have to keep checking back, I guess, if you're not on a time-crunch.
elizabethlds

Post by elizabethlds »

I really value this option to create lesson schedules. I like to be well organised for the coming year. Most Primary Presidents start looking at the upcoming year after their Sacrament Meeting Presentation. I find it somewhat frustrating that we can't complete this aspect as the lesson manuals are not available to input. Just some feedback for those who schedule the releasing of this aspect.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I agree as I too like to plan ahead! Frustrating when you have the time to devote and your efforts are wasted.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Yes, the lack of availability of next year's manuals is a common frustration. My only suggestion is to submit "Feedback" (link at bottom of page) that this information needs to be made available sooner. Maybe if enough people submit Feedback they'll realize it's more important?
liv2ryd

Post by liv2ryd »

I have added TFOT through April and 1st Sundays , however the drop down menu is still blank. Bear in mind the course of study has been selected Gordan B Hinckley's teachings.
bcgroen

Post by bcgroen »

I submitted feedback requesting the 2017 lesson schedules be posted and got this response...

"Sorry. The message below explains below. A message like the one below will be posted on the site this week.
The Lesson Schedules function on LDS.org will be discontinued effective December 31, 2016. Please use other means to manage lesson schedules, such as printed lists, email, or other online programs. Guidelines for using online resources in Church callings may be found at
https://www.lds.org/pages/online-resour ... b-internet
Sincerely

TD Response Team"
CameronRChristensen

Post by CameronRChristensen »

That is very disappointing. It is a very effective tool that we have come to rely on.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

A whole lot of folks have invested a whole lot of time in recent months getting ready for lesson scheduling in 2017. If the Church is just now deciding the site is no longer worth the effort it requires on the part of headquarters, so be it.

But if this decision was made some time ago, it is very disappointing that the decision was not announced earlier. I have already responded to more than a dozen emails locally encouraging leaders to be patient with the Church. I will now have to send out revised responses to those leaders as soon as the official announcement is made.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I too am disappointed as the links are invaluable for study purposes and
easy quick navigation.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”