LDS Tools Missing from Windows 10 Store

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
rsamis

LDS Tools Missing from Windows 10 Store

Post by rsamis »

I got a new Windows 10 tablet last week, and when I was loading my favorite apps on it from the Windows Store, a search failed to turn up LDS Tools. I also did a search on my other W10 machine that already has LDS Tools installed, and I couldn't find the app in the Store there either. I'm hoping it's been pulled in advance of a new, full-featured release, but I fear it's being discontinued :| . Can anyone shed some light on the mysterious disappearance? Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools Missing from Windows 10 Store

Post by jdlessley »

I just tested an install on my Windows 10 laptop and the app is in the store. You may need to do a general search rather than a search through your favorites. It may have been temporarily been pulled, or there may have been a glitch. Try again.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rsamis

Post by rsamis »

No, whatever search term I try, I only get Gospel Library, Mormon Channel and LDS News Digest. I'm in Canada; maybe it has been removed from the Canadian store? What version of Tools for Windows is current? My laptop has 2.1.3, released in 2015. BTW, thanks for your quick reply JD.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm in the US, and I'm not seeing it on my laptop store either.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you able to click a direct link?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... zdncrfj2k4
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Are you able to click a direct link?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... zdncrfj2k4
That seems to work. I wonder why it's not turning up in a search?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Well, that was a awkward install. The download went well enough, but it took 3 tries just to get it started. It threw a system exception during the second attempt. I wonder if it got hidden due to complaints?

ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Well, that was a awkward install. The download went well enough, but it took 3 tries just to get it started. It threw a system exception during the second attempt. I wonder if it got hidden due to complaints?
Unfortunately, no. The Church has asked that the app be removed from the Windows Store (both on phones and PCs) as it has elected to not expend the necessary funds to bring the app up to par or to meet legal privacy requirements necessary in various countries.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
fernsten

Post by fernsten »

ToManyLetters wrote:
Unfortunately, no. The Church has asked that the app be removed from the Windows Store (both on phones and PCs) as it has elected to not expend the necessary funds to bring the app up to par or to meet legal privacy requirements necessary in various countries.
:( :( :( :( :(
Lame.
ldspaultosutah

Post by ldspaultosutah »

Sad Indeed.

Think of how many users could be reached through windows 10 universal apps, through tablets and pc's. I understand the phone issue. If the church used this theory with missionary work, the Book of Mormon would be translated in precious few languages. Hopefully they will pick this up again sometime soon.

Return to “Member Tools”