Regional Conference glitches

Discussions around receiving conferences and broadcasts for the meetinghouse via Internet.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Regional Conference glitches

Post by Mikerowaved »

Did anyone in Northern Utah or Southern Idaho have issues streaming the Regional Broadcast this morning over the Internet? In our ward building (without satellite capabilities), we experienced some minor video stuttering here and there and 2 major breaks where both the audio and video froze for several seconds then resumed. Bandwidth in that building is not an issue, as it has UTOPIA fiber. Just wondering if others experienced the same thing, or if it was just us.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Regional Conference glitches

Post by russellhltn »

FYI, I've discovered a bug in the Network management system. Disabling WiFi may not disable all of APs. I'll post the details in another thread later. But for now, check to see if all the APs show up in TM.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We experienced exactly what you described in our Regional broadcast - having had a perfect webcast last week - All things being equal from the previous week - it seemed like the issue was on the broadcast side. Additionally two separate times it seems like maybe choir mic's were left on and picked up a bunch of kids in the background, etc... I got about 30 text's from people who noticed and wanted to let me know (for whatever reason).
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

johnshaw wrote:...it seemed like the issue was on the broadcast side.
Thanks for the confirmation. I have to agree. I wonder if those watching via satellite saw the same thing.
johnshaw wrote:Additionally two separate times it seems like maybe choir mic's were left on and picked up a bunch of kids in the background, etc... I got about 30 text's from people who noticed and wanted to let me know (for whatever reason).
Ah yes, the kids. My wife poked me and was wondering how they got close enough to a mic to be picked up as much as they were.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Our Stake Center where they watched with the Satellite did not report any issues like the streaming sites did.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Receiving Internet Broadcasts”