Step 4 indicates that the mlsData-backup folders are "Under the mlsData folder", which I think most people would interpret to mean that the mlsData-backup folders are sub-folders of the mlsData folder. Actually the backup folders are at the same level as the mlsData folder.
- Open My Computer by right-clicking Start and then left-clicking Explore and then My Computer.
- Go to C:\Program Files\LDS Church\MLS\Units.
- Open the Unit Number folder, and note the dates and time stamps of the sub-folders.
- Under the mlsData folder, open the most recent mlsData-backup folder.
- Right-click the data.properties file at the top, and copy that file.
- Back out of the mlsData-backup folder, and return to the Unit Number folder.
- Open the mlsData folder and paste the data.properties file into that folder. When a pop-up appears asking if you want to replace the file, click YES.
- Log in to MLS and sign in
Last Saturday I got a call from one of our bishops, reporting that the MLS user accounts were gone. I pulled up the troubleshooting article and attempted to walk him through it over the phone. If I had been at his computer, this error would have been inconsequential. But because I was depending on the user to relay what he was seeing and my assumption that the article was correct, we ended up spending a lot more time then we should have to resolve the problem.
I suggest that step 4 be revised to read:
4. Open the most recent mlsData-backup folder.