Gospel Library 4.0 for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
Meetoo64

Re: Gospel Library 4.0 for Android

Post by Meetoo64 »

Please bring back the icon for highlighting.
michel.loiselle

Post by michel.loiselle »

can someone tell me the link to revert from version 4 to version 3 of the Gospel app
michel.loiselle

Post by michel.loiselle »

Where can we download the version latest 3.x
I can not change font on the new version 4.x
1kcm

Post by 1kcm »

I have tried selecting and shrinking the highlight to eliminate it several times. The app will only allow me to reduce it to a single character, then rated than eliminating it, it increases the highlight to encompass the whole word.
Any other ideas?
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

1kcm wrote:I have tried selecting and shrinking the highlight to eliminate it several times. The app will only allow me to reduce it to a single character, then rated than eliminating it, it increases the highlight to encompass the whole word.
Any other ideas?
Are you trying to delete (eliminate) the highlight?
If so, rather than shrink it away, tap on the sandwich menu (three vertically stacked dots in the upper right corner) and "Delete". Do this, of course, while the highlight is selected--the end handles showing.

Good luck,
D.G.
1kcm

Post by 1kcm »

Great, except that once the highlighted portion is selected, the three dot menu is so far to the right at the edge of the screen that it can't be selected. Even with a fine point stylus, it keeps selecting the "share annotation" option next to it. Does anyone else have this problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1kcm wrote:Great, except that once the highlighted portion is selected, the three dot menu is so far to the right at the edge of the screen that it can't be selected. Even with a fine point stylus, it keeps selecting the "share annotation" option next to it. Does anyone else have this problem?
I don't have that problem. But one idea is to rotate your device to be in landscape. That might make it easier to select the option (and there probably will be a trash can icon that you can select directly).
wooten

Post by wooten »

I had the same problem. In portrait mode, the three vertical dots icon and the share annotation icons are so close that you cannot pick the three dots. I finally figured out that I could select them if I changed to landscape mode.

However, it should work in portrait mode as well. Can this be fixed? It is very frustrating to someone when you accidentally create a highlight and cannot figure out any way to remove it. Thanks!
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Be sure to send feedback from the app.
It sounds like the design interacts with various devices differently (works for some of us, not for others). The in-app feedback will include technical details of the device and environment, which can give the team clues how to tweak it.
Wooten is right: it should work in either orientation. Until a fix is made, though, at least landscape offers a workaround.
Good luck.
D.G.
Last edited by GrasseDD on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Landscape is nice for study because it allows you to pin the sidebar open, so you can see the main content and the related content (footnotes, tags/links/notes, etc.) at the same time.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”