Gospel Library 4.0 for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library 4.0 for Android

Post by sbradshaw »

rogerandmoira wrote:Problem: my wife has an Ipad and I have a Samsung tablet. Unfortunately, we are both signed into Gospel Library on my membership number, so that whatever annotations one of us make, it affects the other's annotations. How can we separate at this stage? My wife has far more annotations than I have as hers is years longer than mine - but she is signed in via my membership number. Any suggestions please? Thank you
Since most of the annotations are your wife's, I'd recommend creating a new account for yourself, then working with your clerk who can call the Global Service Center on your behalf. The Global Service Center can switch your membership record number to your new account.

On your new account, you will be starting with a blank slate. If you have any important notes on the old account (which will become your wife's account), you'll need to email them to yourself, then copy and paste them into Gospel Library under your new account.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
h82run

Post by h82run »

Is there any way to pre download the audio files? Been listening on the way to work for a while and just noticed the amount of data that it was consuming. Would be nice to download at home on wifi instead of streaming on cell data.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

h82run wrote:Is there any way to pre download the audio files? Been listening on the way to work for a while and just noticed the amount of data that it was consuming. Would be nice to download at home on wifi instead of streaming on cell data.
Yes, go to a chapter/article/talk in the book you want to download audio for, then go to the overflow menu (three dots in the top right) and choose "Download Media." From there, tap on Download All.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

sbradshaw wrote:
dsesplin wrote:I'm missing the ability to open the related content screen and scroll the book and the footnotes etc side by side. When we study the scriptures together, it is nice to be able to scroll through the chapter and have our thoughts and comments scroll along with the text. Is this view still available?
Yes, if you rotate your phone to landscape mode, or if you're on a tablet, you can pin the sidebar with related content open.
On my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10) I don't see the option to pin the sidebar in portrait mode. There is no overflow menu on the sidebar like there is in landscape mode. Am I missing something? In landscape mode I do get the option to unpin the sidebar, but nothing in portrait mode.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The dp resolution of the Galaxy Tab S 10 falls just under the minimum dp width for pinning the sidebar. Because Android phones and tablets come in all sizes, resolutions, and pixel densities, the line had to be drawn somewhere, and it unfortunately isn't perfect for every device. Basically, the code that decides whether or not to allow pinning thinks your Galaxy Tab S 10 is a phone, so you'll need to be in landscape mode to pin.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

sbradshaw wrote:The dp resolution of the Galaxy Tab S 10 falls just under the minimum dp width for pinning the sidebar. Because Android phones and tablets come in all sizes, resolutions, and pixel densities, the line had to be drawn somewhere, and it unfortunately isn't perfect for every device. Basically, the code that decides whether or not to allow pinning thinks your Galaxy Tab S 10 is a phone, so you'll need to be in landscape mode to pin.
Thank you for replying. What is the minimum resolution required? According to my information my device is 2560 x 1600 pixels. I looked at the specs for all of the Samsung galaxy tabs and even the newest Tab S3 released last month only has a 2,048 x 1,536 pixel screen. So I am confused at what the requirements are.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm not sure exactly. But the unit of measurement is Android's "dp" unit of measurement (density-independent pixels), which is a derived unit, so a lot of it is behind the scenes. I'm told that there will be improvements to the sidebar in the future (such as being able to change the sidebar width) that will likely affect those calculations, and will hopefully allow more flexibility for your device.
rogerandmoira

Post by rogerandmoira »

Thank you for the suggestion of creating a new account for myself re my annotations, but what will happen to all my wife's annotations which are tied to my account and therefore my membership number. How does she retain all her annotations? If my membership number is eventually swapped to my new account surely she will lose her annotations? I hope this makes sense!
nclhowell

Gospel Library Downloaded Audio File Location

Post by nclhowell »

I used a Galaxy S5 running Android v6.01 with Gospel Library v3.2.13.0... I prefer to add conference talks one month at a time in a folder using my preferred music player... I would move the audio files from android/data/org.lds.ldssa/file/1/media to /music and everything worked fine.

I replaced my phone with another Galaxy S5 running the same Android v6.01.... I installed Gospel Library v4.0.4.2... I have searched and cannot find the downloaded audio files anywhere.... Where are the Conference Audio Files located in Gospel Library v4.0.4.2 ?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

rogerandmoira wrote:Thank you for the suggestion of creating a new account for myself re my annotations, but what will happen to all my wife's annotations which are tied to my account and therefore my membership number. How does she retain all her annotations? If my membership number is eventually swapped to my new account surely she will lose her annotations? I hope this makes sense!
Annotations aren't tied to your membership record number – they're tied to your LDS Account (rogerandmoira). Your membership record number is just a setting on your account.
So, annotations will remain tied to rogerandmoira even if your membership record number is removed from rogerandmoira.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”