Crashes on startup

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
kairelle

Re: Crashes on startup

Post by kairelle »

I'm also having the same problems with just seeing the Moroni icon for a few seconds & it disappears. My last location was in the June 2016 Ensign table of contents. My IOS is current - just got the upgrade to 9.3.5. Hoping for an update soon.
HeilnerSB
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by HeilnerSB »

We've been testing a potential solution for this. It seems that the iPhone users are fixed with it, but the iPads on iOS 9 are still having problems. If anyone here is located in Utah in the Provo/SLC area, and is willing to let us plug into your device for just a few minutes, we can see what's really happening. We've been working on this all weekend and trying to guess at what the root cause is, but have so far been unsuccessful. Let me know, thanks! stephan@ldschurch.org
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

grahamf72 wrote:Not having a good run - first the LDS Music app now Gospel Library. Discovered most of the people in the ward have the same problem too.
This may be a shot in the dark, but out of curiosity, is everyone who's been having trouble with Gospel Library also having the no-content issue with LDS Music? I wonder if somehow they're symptoms of the same problem on launch... @grahamf72, is your issue with LDS Music that when you launch the app, no content shows up?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lthompson

Post by lthompson »

Same for me. Most recent Gospel Library update will not open on iOS 9.3.5. I can't upgrade my iPad beyond this point.
Hoping for a fix soon...

Larry Thompson
eberghout

Post by eberghout »

robbinsb wrote:Does anybody here know what content they had open in the previous version before they updated to 4.0. There's a possibility that some particular pieces of content are causing the majority of the crashes, but we're not sure which content yet.
John 12 was on the screen but I also had pages open from the Old Testament, the Book of Mormon, October 2016 General Conference, and the New Testament teacher's manual for Seminary.

Update: It's working fine now on my 5c. Thanks to everyone who helped find a solution!
Last edited by eberghout on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grahamf72

Post by grahamf72 »

sbradshaw wrote: This may be a shot in the dark, but out of curiosity, is everyone who's been having trouble with Gospel Library also having the no-content issue with LDS Music? I wonder if somehow they're symptoms of the same problem on launch... @grahamf72, is your issue with LDS Music that when you launch the app, no content shows up?
With LDS music, it will close off at the splash screen, then on next launch it will load but no content. If I kill it, then on next start up it closes at the splash screen again, then 2nd launch will have no content. It is this repeated behaviour every second launch. Unlike Gospel Library, I only have the problem with LDS Music on my iPad, it works on my iPhone. Gospel Library doesn't work on either.

Some time this week I might try resetting the iPad through iTunes.
scotta.butters

Post by scotta.butters »

I can't get past the Angel Moroni oneither my ipad, iphone, or my wife's ipad. Very frustrating.
markpfitzgerald

Post by markpfitzgerald »

Like everyone else iPad2 and an iPad mini running iOS 9.3.5. This is very similar to what happened to LDS music two months ago which still has not been updated. Where wards are not providing manuals it is important to be able to not obsolete technologies that members are regularly using. These are only 3 year old devices.
rkbiggs

Post by rkbiggs »

Same issue - crashes on startup on iPad with iOS 10. Needs urgent resolution please.
herrviking

Post by herrviking »

I have an iPhone 5c and it crashes right after Moroni appears. I've deleted and reloaded and it still doesn't work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”