Creating a link - how to navigate to related reference

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Creating a link - how to navigate to related reference

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you see a screen with a magnifying glass icon and the text "No Matches", or do you just see a blank screen?

Are you using the Gboard Google keyboard perchance (there's a bug in Links where instead of executing the search, pressing enter goes to the next line in the search box, for certain keyboards).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

sbradshaw wrote:Are you using the Gboard Google keyboard perchance (there's a bug in Links where instead of executing the search, pressing enter goes to the next line in the search box, for certain keyboards).
Ah--glad you mentioned this! I have seen this happen to me (I wondered why a search prompt would need a carriage return). I'm afraid, though, I've never heard of "Gboard"--is the workaround to install a 3rd-party keyboard for the phone?

Thanks,
D.G.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

GrasseDD wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Are you using the Gboard Google keyboard perchance (there's a bug in Links where instead of executing the search, pressing enter goes to the next line in the search box, for certain keyboards).
Ah--glad you mentioned this! I have seen this happen to me (I wondered why a search prompt would need a carriage return). I'm afraid, though, I've never heard of "Gboard"--is the workaround to install a 3rd-party keyboard for the phone?
Yes, that's a good workaround if you use links a lot. I'm hoping the bug itself will be fixed soon – maybe in 4.0.5 (it's already been fixed in regular search, but it's still a problem in Links search).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

sbradshaw wrote:it's already been fixed in regular search, but it's still a problem in Links search.
Ugh--I would rather the effort spent fixing the glitch in Links search be spent instead eliminating Links search. :D
D.G.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Six years later, and GLA still creates links by Search instead of by Navigation.
I believe all of the other versions (iOS, Win10, and online) use Navigation. So, I'm curious:
  • have all Android users successfully adapted to the link-by-search method?
  • have we all abandoned adding links in GLA?
  • has anyone found advantages in the GLA linking method?
D.G.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”