Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Voice for audio Book of Mormon

Post by sbradshaw »

tmduffy wrote:I don't see the 3 dots on the media player to change the voice. When I open up the Gospel Library app I don't even see a media player on my iPad 2.
To open the audio player, scroll to the top of a chapter/article, and if that chapter has audio, you'll see a headphones icon appear at the bottom of the screen (It only shows up if you're scrolled to the top of the chapter, and if there's audio available. Scriptures, General Conference, and several other items do have audio available, so it should show up there.) After clicking the headphones icon, the audio player will pop up from the bottom.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
tmduffy

Post by tmduffy »

Thank you for the quick response. I am trying to change the female voice for the Priesthood manual, Gordon B. Hinckley. I got the headphones and the dots, but the only choices are playback speed and continuous play. Does this mean there is no option to change the voices?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

tmduffy wrote:Thank you for the quick response. I am trying to change the female voice for the Priesthood manual, Gordon B. Hinckley. I got the headphones and the dots, but the only choices are playback speed and continuous play. Does this mean there is no option to change the voices?
You're welcome! Yes, only the scriptures (and only the English scriptures) have two recordings.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
markgalenhagen

Post by markgalenhagen »

I listened to the whole book of mormon last year in about four months. It was awesome hearing the narrators emotion. They told a story for each chapter. Tonight I decided to start it again with my whole family to enjoy. Unfortunately, The voices had changed and we were very disappointed. It is something we probably won't continue. These new narrators are hard to listen to. Please allow the option to listen to the old narrators. They were excellent.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

For what it's worth, in the few times I have listened, I think the lady does a better job than the man.
samuelbw

Post by samuelbw »

Are there plans to redo the audio for the scriptures since there is such a problem with the new voice?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

samuelbw wrote:Are there plans to redo the audio for the scriptures since there is such a problem with the new voice?
I have no idea, but I would doubt that there would be another redo in the near future; that is a major undertaking.

Personally, I think the new narrators do a fine job -- I'm having a hard time understanding why there are so many complaints. And no one needs to try to explain to me again what they see as the problems -- this is a matter of opinion, and I'm simply offering my opinion that the new voices work well for me.
jbuckholts

Post by jbuckholts »

For those who are trying to find the Book Of Morman audio "old voice" try the following: http://www.learnoutloud.com/podcaststre ... itle=45992
:roll:
ACavanaugh

Post by ACavanaugh »

Ok, I'm glad I'm not alone. I wasn't sure if they had actually changed, or if I was just mistaken. The new narrating puts me to sleep! I hope they change it back. I do feel like the female is a bit better, but I miss the previous male voice!
jaynefeik

Post by jaynefeik »

I haven't listened to the female voice, though I really like the new male voice. The voice is smooth and the cadence is excellent. Sometimes having something new just takes a little getting used to.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”